A global Nutraceutical client, with phenomenal benefits and a collaborative corporate culture is looking to identify and hire, a Sanitation Technician I for 3rd shift (Sunday – Thursday 11:00pm – 7:30am). The Sanitation Technician is a member of the Sanitation team who is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the entire Manufacturing plant by keeping it clean and in orderly condition. This position performs heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, cleaning restrooms, break rooms, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. In addition, this position will be responsible for laundry and performing routine ground maintenance activities, notifying management of needs for facility repairs, and major cleaning needs.
The Sanitation Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Wearing appropriate PPE at all times; gloves, face/eye shields, aprons, boots, etc.
- Performing varying tasks while standing, lifting, and crouching during long periods of time.
- Following routine verbal and written instructions.
- Performing building and ground inspections.
- Performing Chemical Controls.
- Preparing cleaning solutions per SOP and dispensing in proper chemical containers for use.
- Ensuring proper labeling and safety of chemical containers.
- Ensuring compliance with Herbalife and regulatory requirements.
- Cleaning building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gathering and emptying trash.
- Servicing, cleaning, and supplying restrooms.
- Servicing, cleaning and supplying break room to include coffee pots, glassware and refrigerators.
- Dusting furniture, walls, and warehouse shelves.
- Restocking supplies.
- Mixing water and detergents in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Scrubbing warehouse flooring with motorized scrubber.
- Stripping, sealing, finishing, and polishing vinyl floors.
- Cleaning outside grounds of paper, trash, and debris.
- Cleaning trash disposal, and card board area.
- Monitoring building cleanliness and safety by performing such tasks as placing caution signs, checking chemicals to make sure they are properly stored, and that dispensing bottles are clearly marked. Ensured that hazards were not created.
- Assisting in Environmental and Drain swabbing.
- Moving heavy supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notifying supervisor concerning the need for supplies.
- Setting up, arranging, and removing decorations, tables, and chairs to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Following all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Following companies GMP’s, SOP’s, and SSOP’s at all times.
- Performing other related duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
- Experience in food, beverage or dairy processing/manufacturing environment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to lift at least 35lbs.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- cGMP trained.
- Prior experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Prior sanitation experience.
- Basic understanding of sanitation processes and related equipment.
Founded in 2002 with the conviction that people are the engines of success, we believe that above all things character and integrity are critical to the success of any organization or career. These are two values that Innovative will never compromise, which in turn equates to our associates being placed into opportunities that can develop into a long term successful career paths, while at the same time our clients benefit from top-tier talent for proven, successful results.
Innovative Career Resourcese·thos: from the Greek word meaning Character; the characteristic spirit of a culture, era, or community as manifested in its beliefs and aspirations. Founded in 2002 with the conviction that people are the engines of success, we believe that above all things character and integrity are critical to the success of any organization or career. These are two values that Innovative will never compromise, which in turn equates to our associates being placed into opportunities that can develop into a long term successful career paths, while at the same time our clients benefit from top-tier talent for proven, successful results.