Primary Objective: Provide safe and efficient transportation of commodities and farm supply products for the benefit of IAS and its member owners.
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
- Report to assigned workplace at time specified; report late arrivals or absentees to supervisor prior to start time
- Maintain required licenses, physicals, etc. necessary to perform job requirements
- Transportation of commodities and farm supply products
- Submit required transportation paperwork timely and accurately
- Conduct preventative maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment; document work performed
- Assist with the distribution of farm supply products when assigned
- Notification of shop tools, inventories of supplies, or replacement parts needed
- Maintain cleanliness of shop and warehouse areas in which you are working
- Participate in safety or job related training programs provided by company
- Follow company policies and procedures in regard to safety and conduct
- Create a positive and professional image for both customers and community
- Accept and carry out any specific assignments given by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Mechanical aptitude including basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulics, and piping systems and knowledge of various machines and tools including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Possess math skills when performing basic operations.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Also trunk strength and ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
- Personal Protective Equipment may be required for some tasks.