Primary Objective: To provide quality, efficient, and safe custom application of crop nutrients and protection products and to operate and maintain location equipment and facilities for the benefit of IAS and its member owners.
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
Report to assigned workplace at time specified; report late arrivals or absences to supervisor prior to start time
- Maintain required licenses, physicals, etc. necessary to perform job requirements
- Professional custom application of crop nutrients and protection products
- Submit required application paperwork timely and accurately
- Repairs and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment; document all work performed
- Operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities within the region
- Assist with the distribution of farm supply products and grain when assigned
- Notification of shop tools, inventories of supplies, or replacement parts needed
- Maintain cleanliness of shop and warehouse areas in which you are working
- Participate in safety and job related training programs provided by the company
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding safety and conduct
- Create a positive, professional image to customers and community
- Accept and carry out other assigned duties given by location manager
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: (See attached detail)
Mechanical aptitude including basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulics, and piping systems and knowledge of various machines and tools including their design, use, repair, and maintenance.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Possess math skills when performing basic operations.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability: (See attached detail)
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Also trunk strength and ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
- Personal Protective Equipmentmay be required for some tasks.