Lead Teacher/Teacher Assistant- Before and After School Program
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have a unique PART-TIME opening for someone who is passionate about working with students in a structured environment.
The position is approximately 10-20 hours per week. Monday through Friday. Opportunities to work additional hours during early dismissal/vacation days may also exist for candidates who are interested.
In this role you will be:
- Partnering with the Site Coordinator to deliver the Innovation Learning curriculum by engaging children enthusiastically, following the program model, and fostering the 4Cs (creativity, collaboration, critical thinking and communication).
- Supervising a group of children while guiding them through all program components listed in the daily schedule (SWITCH, Homework Support, Innovation Stations, Physical Fitness, Discovery and TINKER time).
- Facilitating a STEM curriculum delivered using a Project Based Learning (PBL) approach.
- Working with the Site Coordinator to organize the daily materials for all lessons and activities, ensuring that all materials are readily available, and the curriculum is delivered with efficacy.
- Adhering to and facilitating the daily program schedule for your group of assigned students.
- Implements effective classroom management strategies to include supervision to ensure the attention, safety and well-being of all students.
- Assisting children with homework, providing direction, offering support and then checking for accuracy.
- Administering light First Aid when necessary
- Developing strong relationships with students.
- Other duties as assigned
- A 2-year college degree in teaching, learning, curriculum and/or a related field is preferred.
- 2 years documented experience working with children.
- Experience working with school-age children in an education setting.
- 1 Year of teaching experience in a classroom setting is highly desirable (as is a school-age teaching credential)
Our leadership team consists of educators who are also parents that understand skills associated with an “innovative mindset” have a very high correlation with improved academic outcomes. We believe that such skills should be taught and practiced in a fun and exciting way, and our approach is a balanced one, offering the District a variety of choices when it comes to teaching the skills associated with Innovation. Our full-service program marries traditional features of before and after school programs, such as a focus on child safety, program licensing, snack, and the inclusion of a play-based curriculum, with a 21st Century twist. Each day offers a variety of different activities.
EducationView all jobs at Innovation Learning
Get fresh Lead Teacher jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.