Are you an experienced Salesforce and web project manager seeking a flexible role at a mission-driven nonprofit?
Do you want to use your valuable skills to help ensure that low income students and students of color in California receive a world class education?
About Innovate Public Schools
is a nonprofit organization focused on ensuring that all students - especially low-income students, students of color, English learners and students with disabilities - receive a world-class education. We’re building a movement of families, educators, and business and elected leaders who together will make this vision a reality. We build the capacity of parents and educators to innovate and act together to create world-class public schools, and we publish easy-to-understand school quality data and research that highlights both problems and solutions.
Innovate is seeking an experienced Salesforce and web project manager to lead our efforts to innovate on our essential data, communication and web systems, so that we can reach and engage parents, schools and other essential stakeholders more effectively. The Senior Program Manager will have experience with both Salesforce and web management and development, and will have a record of success managing staff, vendors and peers to innovate with and implement these systems.
This position is based in San Jose, CA and reports to the VP, Partnerships and Finance. This is an exempt, full-time position with benefits (we are open to an 80% role if desired by the candidate). This role can be performed primarily remotely, with on average 1-2 days per week on site in our San Jose office. Typical work schedule is flexible, and will be set in conjunction with the manager.
- Set annual and quarterly priorities, in collaboration with the VP, Partnerships & Finance and the Data & Web Strategy Team
- Identify and monitor metrics to assess the efficiency, accuracy and effectiveness of our website, data and communication systems, policies and trainings
- Monitor accuracy of data in our systems
- Clarify and document web, data and communication systems policies and procedures, including web style guide standards
- Develop and periodically update training materials and provide training for relevant staff on policies and effective usage of website, data and communications systems
- Lead the Data & Web Strategy Team, including setting agendas for and facilitating team meetings to monitor progress, troubleshoot and set future priorities
- Manage Data Associate, ensuring timely and accurate data entry and reporting
- Manage part-time Salesforce Administrator
- Manage Salesforce Developer Consultant, ensuring that s/he completes prioritized projects on time and at a high level of quality
- Collaborate with Sr. Manager, Development & Impact and Sr. Advisor, Development & Comms, to ensure that data and communications systems are meeting the organizational needs for impact reporting and for donor management
- Monitor progress toward annual and quarterly priorities
- Regularly assess our data and communications systems to ensure they meet the changing needs of our organization, and recommend changes if needed
- Scope and manage requests for changes to data and communications systems, and either delegate or execute
- Ensure all interconnected data and communications infrastructure is maintained and functioning on a day-to-day basis
- Oversee subscription systems and segmentation to ensure that the right publications reach the right people at the right time, subscribers can manage their communications preferences and all publications comply with laws and best practices
- Lead or participate in special projects as directed by the VP, Partnerships & Finance
- Oversee the design of all web pages and ongoing website improvements to ensure a strong and cohesive user experience across the site
- Serve as Innovate Public Schools webmaster, and ensure website is maintained and functioning on a day-to-day basis
- Scope and manage web design or web development projects to successful completion
- Identify, vet and manage a team of vendors to support ongoing maintenance and/or major projects (e.g., front-end developers and back-end developers)
- Closely partner with communications staff to implement and monitor tracking mechanisms across our website
Mission-driven: Passionate about Innovate Public Schools’ mission to initiate, support, and advocate for great public schools for low-income children and children of color in California
- Strategic thinking, creativity and decision-making ability: Able to see the big picture, and seeks to understand the underlying business needs in order to assess and propose creative solutions. Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience managing Salesforce or other CRM and email marketing systems. Experience with both Salesforce data cloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud strongly preferred. Salesforce administration certification preferred
- Collaborative project manager: Can manage multiple projects involving different individuals, teams and vendors to meet collective goals on time and with excellence. Enjoys working across teams, providing counsel, and learning from others
- Experienced manager, including managing staff as well as vendors (e.g., web developers)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively and build trusting relationships with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Thrives in diverse communities and works well with others: Is enthusiastic about working in thoughtful partnership with people of all backgrounds
- Flexibility: Enjoys and is effective working in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ongoing access to a working registered and insured vehicle, valid driver’s license, and ability to drive within the Bay Area as needed for work
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation depends on experience and is highly competitive. Innovate offers very generous benefits including health and dental insurance, 20 days paid time off per year (increasing to 25 after 2 years of employment), two floating holidays, 14 paid fixed holidays per year (including office closure between Dec 24th - New Year’s Day), 1 day per year paid volunteering time off, and 5% employer contribution to 401k.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume here and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position.
Innovate Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer, and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.