Innovate!, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its geospatial solutions team as a Sr. GIS Data Administrator. Our team is looking for well-organized, self-directed applicants who have experience with the ArcGIS suite of desktop and server software as well as with developing desktop and web-based GIS applications using a variety of programming languages. This position is a contingent offsite upon a contract being awarded to Innovate! with DHS in Washington DC.
We are seeking self-starting individuals with a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule. In return, you will be able to be part of a motivated, highly skilled team and will be able to contribute to the growth and positive direction of our company.
Candidate is well-organized; Participates in needs assessments/requirements meetings and document solutions for GIS enterprise use; Installation and configuration of ArcGIS Server software; Provide/write GIS system technical recommendations, standard operating procedures, administrative and help documents for clients and technical teams; Assess customer's existing GIS environments and recommend areas for improvements in application technology, system performance, and software migration plans; Communicate with architects and developers to successfully deploy custom solutions; Write and execute test plans
Troubleshoot solution errors and support end-users; Present system design information to technical and non-technical audiences; Create mapping, imagery, and data services. Candidate must have a “can-do” attitude who can adapt to a fluid work environment and an occasionally demanding schedule.
Typical Minimum Education / Experience
At least 5 years of progressive experience and responsibilities in geospatial development and management. B.S. or Graduate Degree in Geography/GIS, Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience. Hands-on experience with various database systems, e.g. SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc. Ability to analyze business processes and systems and migrate to/integrate with geospatial systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing data solutions within an enterprise GIS environment
- 3+ years of direct experience working with Esri GIS Tools and applications
- Demonstrated experience integrating multiple enterprise technologies in an enterprise environment
- Scripting or programming experience (e.g. Python, SQL, or HTML)
- Knowledge and understanding of GIS principals, theories, and practices.
- Experience with ESRI products suite including mobile, desktop, server, and database.
- Ability to design and implement enterprise spatial solutions
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for GIS data workflows and versioned editing
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with system implementation
- Knowledge of one or more of the following architectural patterns & techniques
- Ability to manage GIS data within at least one of the following: Oracle, MS SQL Server, and/or PostgreSQL database environments.
- Experience managing one or more hosting platforms (servers, virtual machines, Amazon, Azure, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to work with ArcGIS Desktop tools, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Web Application Builder.
- Ability to use geospatial data and developing applications for visualization, analysis, and presentation of geospatial data.
- Experience in web design/development and understanding of Web 2.0 concepts.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, work independently, and quick turnaround maps, application prototypes or deliverables.
- Experience developing within an agile environment is a plus.
Client and Subcontractor Complexity
Serves a single client or multiple clients and may require developing and managing program plans across several subcontractors and multiple, distinct technology areas.
Guidance Given / Assignments Received
Assignments are received in objective-oriented terms. Assists in providing leadership to client and/or peers based on contract goals and client/company policy. Work is reviewed by supervisors or managers in terms of meeting contract objectives and schedules.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
Capable of remaining in a sedentary position for long periods. Ability to communicate via the computer and telephone. Ability to travel to client sites.
Our portfolio of services includes:
* Cloud Advisory Consulting--Cloud Migration Consulting, Customer Relationship Management, Organizational Process Automation, Workflow Modernization, and our Business Operation Platform.
* Geospatial Solutions— Data Management (i.e. collection, analysis, organization), GIS Application Development, Data Standards, and GIS User Training and Outreach.
* Information Technology— Design and Architecture, Infrastructure, Integration, Operations, Maintenance and Hosting, and Mobile Solutions.
* Management Consulting— Performance Measurement, Customer Experience, Business Process Reengineering, Executive Coaching, Return on Investment Analysis, Strategy Development, Strategic Communications Development
Why Work Here?We are more than a consulting company. A woman-minority owned company established in 2002, our success is built on trust earned from relationships with our clients, and partners. Our focus is to work relentlessly to solve complex technology, management and program challenges resulting in delivering value to the business and organization we work with. Our talented staff identifies our client’s needs and provides solutions that evolve and grow to help meet new challenges with confidence, agility, and speed. Our track record includes everything from highly complex, multi-phase engagements to quick-turn assignments that require immediate mobilization —all with the same commitment to superior outcomes. Our dedication to client satisfaction and successful history of on-time, on-budget delivery has resulted in enduring, decades-long relationships. We are proud to assist clients ranging from private to public, federal, state, local and tribal organizations. As a green company, we set the standard for positively impacting health and environmental issues, which also is indicative of how we live our lives. We sponsor the Global Cooling Network, a 501c (3) organization dedicated to preserving our nation’s forests. Our portfolio of services includes: * Cloud Advisory Consulting--Cloud Migration Consulting, Customer Relationship Management, Organizational Process Automation, Workflow Modernization, and our Business Operation Platform. * Geospatial Solutions— Data Management (i.e. collection, analysis, organization), GIS Application Development, Data Standards, and GIS User Training and Outreach. * Information Technology— Design and Architecture, Infrastructure, Integration, Operations, Maintenance and Hosting, and Mobile Solutions. * Management Consulting— Performance Measurement, Customer Experience, Business Process Reengineering, Executive Coaching, Return on Investment Analysis, Strategy Development, Strategic Communications Development
Tremendous workplace flexibility! Remote working environment! Room for growth! Great benefits!