This position is primarily responsible for preparing clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Supervises and coordinates the Drafting team and ensures that projects are completed on time and budget.
· Ensures all drafting work is well represented and completed per established specifications and standards.
· Makes certain everything is properly filed electronically and keeps the archive folders up to date.
· Handles own drafting projects.
· Transforms initial rough product using computer aided design into working documents.
· Prepares sets of preliminary drawings with foundation plans, framing plans, detail sheets, and general notes based on architectural drawings, and presents the product to the engineer to complete the design.
· Attends site visits accompanied by an engineer or alone, to create as-builts as required.
· Reviews structural engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
· Implements and coordinates detail libraries and develops Innova Standards.
· Develops standards and standardized sheets to simplify interface.
· Maintains and improves technical practices and procedures and provides the exemplary level of service required of this position at our firm.
· Alerts engineers and technical staff of any changes to the backgrounds prepared by others.
· Strategically plans and establishes goals to learn and improve utilization of department personnel and tools, including expanding into 3D scanning and printing.