Eligibility & Financial Determination Specialist
- $54,650 to $60,350 Yearly
New Facility Opening > 4520 Seedling Circle, Tampa FL 33614
The Eligibility & Financial Determination Specialist works in conjunction with the Enrollment Representatives in overseeing the Medicaid applications being submitted on behalf of InnovAge PACE Participants to the County Technicians. Physical attendance at an InnovAge facility is essential to performing the job duties.
Administration – 80%
- Reviews applications from the Enrollment Representative Group and works closely with them in obtaining necessary documentation needed for Medicaid approval. Works as the primary contact for the enrollment representative for ongoing training and best practices.
- Tracking system in place and provided to the Medicaid Controller showing applications received and the status of each application from first submission to approvals.
- Ensures compliance with all State Medicaid Rules and Regulations with applications being submitted by Innovage to the County Agencies. Fulfilling this by keeping current on updates of Federal and State rules and regulations that pertain to Medicaid, Straight Medicaid, LTC, Spousal Impoverishment and Trusts, Food Stamps, Old Age Pension (OAP) and other Medicaid programs for which IGCP participants may be eligible.
- Works with Accounts Receivable and the Medicaid Controller/Analyst to track on a monthly basis Medicaid issues with IGCP participants.
- Tracking private pay clients and instrumental in obtaining a smooth transition to Medicaid eligibility.
- Ensures that all IGCP Medicaid staff acquires and maintain the necessary Medicaid knowledge needed for the position in collaboration with the Medicaid Redetermination Manager and the Medicaid Controller.
- Immediate attention to 10 day notices and denial notice or any other adverse notices of action received on new applications that were submitted to the county technicians.
Participant Medicaid Enrollment – 20%
- Troubleshoots difficult cases with Enrollment Representatives and Eligibility & Financial Determination Specialists
- Works extensively with the enrollment representatives to update them on the status of their applications and to assist with any questions, concerns or roadblocks.
- Deals with eligibility and classification issues in collaboration with the County Human Services staff, Social Workers, Intake and other IGCP staff.
- Demonstrates by example and leadership to provide motivation and direction to the enrollment representatives on an as needed basis to ensure positive moral and teamwork.
- High School diploma or GED
- Requires a valid state issued driver’s license, personal transportation, good driving record and auto insurance as required by law.
- 3+ years total related experience.
- 1+ year with the CBMS Medicaid system and current knowledge of Medicaid systems and benefits.
InnovAge Florida PACE – Tampa & Orlando are still in process for State and Federal regulatory approval. The job postings for this PACE center are not intended for marketing to potential participants but for employment purposes only. We would be anticipating a hiring date at the beginning of July to offer a month’s worth of training in advance of the site opening.
The pay offered for the position will take into consideration the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity, among other factors. InnovAge offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance and add, supplemental life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) savings, paid time off, and company paid holidays.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.