The Data Science Department works with the Hyundai Marketing clients to identify business objectives and develop insights that help optimize tactics and strategy for paid media, social media, web content, and CRM marketing. The team centralizes marketing data by managing a data warehouse; developing and implementing technical requirements for web analytics tools; managing tagging; conducting A/B and multivariate testing; producing reports and dashboards; developing models; and managing attribution. The Data Science team also works closely with other agencies and third-party vendors to extend its capabilities and produce more holistic views of the clients marketing efforts.
We are currently searching for a Database/ETL Specialist who will be responsible for understanding functional and business requirements, define solutions, identify ideal technology solutions, and build/deploy technical solutions that satisfy business needs.
This person must have advanced skills in major skill categories such as Marketing Analytics, Application Development, and ETL.
Our primary languages are Python and Postgres SQL, and we make heavy use of AWS platform and services. We use a Django framework and Celery for background processing.
With success in client contact and intra-team communications, this person will fulfill a key role within the Data Science & Analytics team. In time, this person will have the opportunity to mentor junior teammates.
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Exlore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
The ideal candidate will have a strong combination of skills that include but are not limited to:
- 4+ years experience with database development including sophisticated SQL coding techniques (Postgres is preferred)
- University degree, ideally in the field of computer science, engineering, or another rigorous technical discipline.
Core Technology Skills:
- Additional relevant certifications (for example, on AWS) are a plus.
- Knowledge of relevant data and analytics tools such as:
- Oracle Siebel CRM Systems
- Analytics: Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics and IHS Polk MyAnalytics
- Databases: SQL, Redshift, MongoDB, Dynamo
- BI tools: Tableau Desktop/Scheduler, DOMO, PowerBI or similar software
- ETL: Hadoop, EMR, Hive, Spark, Alteryx
- Statistical tools: R Studio, SAS, Python
- 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision Premiums.
- 401k matching program
- Fun and fast-paced agency environment.
- Lots of individual autonomy & rewards for merit and creativity.
- Be part of a close-knit and exciting team & growing agency.
- Generous PTO.
& when we get back into the office...
- Enjoy catered happy hour every Thursday and breakfast on Fridays.
- Full-time Barista on-site.
- Amazing views of the Pacific Ocean by the pier in HB.