Senior Embedded Software Engineer - medical device
InnoTech Staffing North Andover, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
InnoTECH Staffing is looking to hire a Senior Embedded Software Engineer for a medical device client North of Boston, MA.
Participate in the design, development, and testing of company's medical device software products and/or related tools.
- Perform embedded software development to meet requirements and scheduling needs.
- Develop new functionality, as needed, along with supporting documentation and unit tests.
- Participate in code reviews, perform unit testing, conduct static analysis reviews, and update code accordingly.
- Ensure all activities conform to design controls. Ensure all analysis, design, and testing activities are properly documented.
- Debug new designs and develop reliability improvements to existing & new designs.
- Provide mentoring and assistance to Engineer I and Engineer II staff members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BS or MS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related discipline
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
5-8 years of experience in software product engineering and development
C and C++ Language Skills required
Medical device or other safety critical device development preferred
Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
Intermediate analytical and design skills
Knowledge of project lifestyles, software development environments, and source control techniques
Experience with test tools such as JTAG, ICE, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes.
Ability to read and understand part data sheets and schematics.
Experience with embedded real time operating systems
Experience with bringing up new hardware boards or systems utilizing board support packages.