Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner
Inner City Family Services Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
We are looking for a part-time Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner (APRN) to support a comprehensive clinical team here at Inner City Family Services (ICFS). Our outpatient treatment center treats about 150 people and of that, children age 6-18 who live in the Washington, DC area. Our clients are generally referred to us from throughout the DC area. Our clinical focus is on attachment and trauma recovery.
The best fit for our company for this position would be an experienced APRN with experience with children, able to work 10-20 hours a week (1-3 days a week) on a team with two other well-established psychiatrists. We offer a competitive hourly rate, peer support, and flexible scheduling that fits well with a private practice. Qualified candidates must have DC medical licensure.
This position is an integral part of the treatment team and works in direct partnership with internal staff and other health care professionals in the community. External community partners may include providers at other organizations, families, court personnel, employers, Department of Behavioral Health Services, hospital staff, law enforcement, pharmacy personnel, laboratory personnel, or others whom our clients feel are important to their recovery. These discussions often include information of a confidential nature, so extreme care must be taken to prevent inappropriate disclosure of ICFS treatment information. This position performs work in outpatient mental health facility, and includes interaction with individuals who may have potential unpredictable behaviors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs routine medical and psychiatric examinations under established guidelines.
Provides medical and psychiatric treatment and services consistent with the provision of basic health care services.
Regularly reviews cases requiring ongoing medical/pharmaceutical attention.
Documents all provided services in the consumer’s medical record, ensuring that required documentation is complete and in compliance with regulations, standards and established deadlines in accordance with DBH.
Instructs consumer in required health hygiene techniques and provides support when necessary.
Maintains compliance with ICFS policies and procedures.
Communicates with patients and families regarding treatment and care when necessary.
Assures confidentiality is always maintained.
Provides all required annual documentation to Human Resources and complete all required training in a timely manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- An applicant shall furnish proof, in accordance with D. C. Official Code § 608(c) of the Act, D.C. Official Code § 3-1206.08, that the applicant has successfully completed a post-basic nursing education program applicable to the area of practice approved by the D. C. Board or accredited by a nationally recognized body accepted by the Board and which is relevant to the nurse-practitioner’s area of practice.
- Have authority to prescribe legend drugs and controlled substances subject to the limitations set forth in D. C. Code § 5910
- Have authority to prescribe those drugs on Schedules II through V established pursuant to the District of Columbia Uniform Controlled Substances Act of 1981, D.C. Code §§ 33-501 et seq., that are authorized by the protocol under which the nurse-practitioner is practicing.
- A nurse practitioner shall not prescribe a controlled substance unless a licensed, certified nurse practitioner meets the following requirements:
- Possesses a valid controlled substances certificate of registration from the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA); and,
- Possesses a valid District of Columbia controlled substances registration pursuant to D.C. Official Code §§ 48-901.02 et seq., the District of Columbia Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Inner City Family Services, LLC., IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.
Inner City Family Services
Inner City Family Services is a community development organization providing a wide range of service toward positively impacting families and communities in Washington, DC. ICFS administers services via the latest and most effective family and community building tools in the field of social and community development. Our services work to develop and sustain healthy families and communities.
2313 Martin Luther King Jr Ave SEWashington, DC