Catering Sales Assistant
- Expired: February 12, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Sales & Catering Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Catering & Sales departments creating Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and contracts, handles general calls, email and fax inquiries. The Catering Assistant also liaises with the Food & Beverage team for information before and after an event.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Catering and Conference Service Manager in receiving and handling guests’ requests, fax and/or email inquiries.
- Answers phone calls coming to Catering department. Determines nature of call and either process it or takes accurate messages that include: name and phone number of caller, date and time of call received. Ensures that all messages are received by the recipient in a timely manner.
- Accurately inputs all event information in the system.
- Enters the event title as descriptive as possible to help in directing members to the right rooms.
- Prints and distributes BEOs/Dailies in a timely manner.
- Works with kitchen staff to prepare menus to be presented to the guests; types and prints menus.
- Maintains an accurate filling system of the Catering department either manual or computerized.
- Maintains an accurate tracking of contracts, terms and conditions, lists, notes, etc.
- Schedules and coordinates any meetings hosted by the Catering and Conference Service Manager.
- Handles all mail addressed to Catering and/or distributes to appropriate recipient.
- Transcribes, types, and in some cases, compose correspondences for the Catering and Conference Service Manager as needed, including booking notices, letters, contracts, etc.
- Coordinates bookings of function rooms.
- Front Desk procedures. Making reservations or room changes, as required;
- All hotel facilities/services and local attractions/activities to respond to any guest inquiry;
- Handles highly personalized and customized fulfillment inquiries, collating hotel, destination and marketing communications.
- Handles inbound and outbound customer service related calls; including reservation modifications, cancellations and fulfillment inquiries.
- Maintains complete and current knowledge of:
- Maintains a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance in accordance with our Grooming Policy.
- Ensures overall guest satisfaction.
- Assists other employees with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Fosters and promotes a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Assists with group check-ins in accordance with established procedures.
- Anticipates guests’ needs, responds promptly and acknowledges all guests at all times. Promotes positive guest relations at all times.
- Assists with routine housekeeping tasks in guest and office areas.
- Performs all job functions and tasks as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Computer literacy is an essential requirement.
EDUCATIONAL AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Two-year experience in a similar position desirable.
- Computer literate, proficiency in spreadsheet applications and word processing required.
- Experience with Property Management System, preferred.
- Possesses strong customer service skills.
- Possesses strong knowledge about the hotel and the services offered.
- Possesses strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Possesses strong social skills and grace.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of guest and hotel.
- Ability to focus attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule according to the needs of the position and the demands of business. Schedule may include some weekends and holidays.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Must be alert and quick reasoning. Should be able to make management decisions for the best interest of the hotel. Ability to interpret instructions and guidelines set by the hotel’s policy and procedures. Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems and exercise good judgment.
The working conditions described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equipment to Be Used
Physical & Mental Requirements
- Interior of hotel. Occasional exposure to direct sunlight, high humidity, extremes of heat and cold, noise, paint, and other exposures associated with the hotel environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision
Short Term and Long Term Disability
Hotel and Amenity Discounts
Inn at Perry Cabin
AddressSaint Michaels, MD
FoodView all jobs at Inn at Perry Cabin