Human Resources Director
Inn Foods Watsonville, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Human Resource Director coordinates implementation of services, policies and programs for The VPS Companies, National Custom Packing, and Central Cold Storage. Reports to the CEO with functional responsibility to business presidents of National Custom Packing, Central Cold Storage, Inn Foods, and Valley Packing. Serves on the Management Committee.
Your primary goals and responsibilities include:
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources function (e.g., COVID-19, ADA, EEO, FMLA/CFRA, ERISA, I-9, OSHA, and California Laws and Regulations, including Wage & Hour and mandatory leave provisions etc.). Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance.
- Protects interest of employees and company in accordance to company policies and governmental law and regulations.
- Recommends and implements employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
- Address employee relations, conduct investigation of employee concerns, and resolve employee conflict.
- Defines all Human Resources programs, and responsibility of Human Resource and line management within those programs. Provides necessary education and materials to supervisors, employee handbooks and labor reports.
- Conducts full-cycle recruiting, sourcing, interviewing, and candidate selection.
- Assist CFO to obtain cost-effective benefits, lead benefits training, and define benefit options for employee retention.
- Knowledge of industry salary/wage structure, and competitive market research.
- Establish recruitment/hiring, plan, and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company's objectives.
- Designs and manages organizational development and succession planning.
- Coordinate light duty work with employee, supervisor, physician, and workers' comp carrier.
- Streamline systems and simplify payroll process.
- Manages third party temporary labor suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- 5 or more years of human resources experience in California
- Advanced knowledge of labor law and regulatory compliance as related to human resources
- Advanced knowledge of human resource practices and administration
- Skill in resolving employee conflict and working to solutions through coaching
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate skills with MS Office, recruiting system, HR/Payroll systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ongoing affiliation and training in appropriate Human Resource networks
- Excellent organization skills
- SHRM or HRCI certifications
The employee is required to operate a computer for extended periods of time. The employee must be able to bend, lift, and carry objects of varying size up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
BusinessView all jobs at Inn Foods