Office Assistant/Clinician: Part-Time
Inland Medical Evaluations is seeking a 60 hours/month office assistant and records clerk for our Bellevue and Kent clinics to manage daily upkeep and patient check-in, provide clerical support to physicians, prepare medical records, and work as a team with our main office staff in Spokane.
- · Act as receptionist to check-in patients arriving for exams.
- · Provide clerical support to a rotating schedule of doctors: returning draft reports, scheduling testing as needed, checking for signatures, etc.
- · Chaperone medical exams upon request.
- · Ensure upkeep and maintenance of office, equipment and supplies.
- · Answer phone calls and emails, respond to requests in a timely manner.
- · File and retrieve documents and digital files.
- · Purchase and stock office supplies as necessary.
- · High school diploma
- · Two years of experience in an office setting
- · Good organizational skills
- · Proactive communication skills
- · Proficiency with USB file transfer, email, scanning, and faxing
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- · Familiarity with medical records and chart notes
- · Familiarity with screen sharing applications
- · Conversational Spanish
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee in this position is required to:
- · Talk to physicians, incoming examinees, coworkers at remote locations
- · Sit for extended periods of time and type.
- · Occasionally lift office supplies and medical records.
Employment Type and Schedule
Position is allocated 60 hours a month, with potential for occasional extra hours, between clinician and rental coverage shifts. Our clinic schedule typically calls for two to three days a week, which vary from week to week. Clinic days range from four- to eight-hour shifts and are scheduled six weeks to one month in advance. Other work week hours are dedicated to rental office coverage, in-office records preparation. This position is also back-up clinician for our Kent office and will occasionally require coverage in Kent for multiple weeks. Mileage and time traveling to alternate office are paid.
$18.00 / hour, with one hour sick leave accrued for every 40 hours worked. Time and mileage spent commuting to the alternate office are compensated.
Please reply via ZipRecruiter with a short letter describing your interest and qualifications, and a resume of applicable experience.
In your letter, please respond to the following scenarios:
1. Our doctor is running 30 minutes behind schedule, and the next examinee has already been waiting 20 minutes because she arrived early. How would you keep the examinee at ease?
2. You are scheduled to work in the Kent office but you live closer to Bellevue (or vice versa). What steps do you take to ensure you arrive at the office 45 minutes prior to the first scheduled appointment?