Registered Dietitian/Program Coordinator/Trainer (WIC)
Inland Behavioral and Health Services, Inc. San Bernardino, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
Under minimal supervision, this position assists the WIC Program Director with the application of local, state, and federal standards, rules, laws and regulations as they relate to Inland Behavioral and Health Services Inc. (IBHS) and the Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). This position will assist the Program Director in the coordination of day-to-day activities that support the agency’s caseload, breastfeeding, and departmental goals and will serve as the agency’s principle contact during the Program Director’s absence. This position will provide breastfeeding support, nutrition counseling, and case management for all WIC participants. This position manages the coordination and evaluation of new hire training and orientation, ongoing nutrition education, and certifications for all WIC staff. The position is responsible for the coordination and management of IBHS WIC outreach activities. This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
· Conducts thorough nutrition assessments providing nutrition education, counseling and referrals to all WIC participants; provides high risk counseling.
· Provides breastfeeding education and support to IBHS staff and participants; promotes breastfeeding as the normal first choice for infant feeding.
· Utilizes the WIC Information System Exchange (WIC WISE) and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Nutrition Care Process (NCP) standard language to correctly schedule and document nutrition assessments, education, appointment contact types, follow up plans, and assign appropriate food packages.
· Utilizes Participant Centered Education (PCE) techniques to promote positive behavior change.
· Provide direct supervision and leadership to WIC staff in the implementation of IBHS and WIC policies, procedures and services.
· Provides recommendations concerning program activities and program policy to WIC Program Director.
· Develops and evaluates nutrition education material for staff and WIC participants.
· Assists WIC Program Director with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the agency’s annual Nutrition Services Plan (NSP).
· Coordinates and evaluates WIC staff training activities and schedules.
· Manages community outreach activities.
Knowledge and Education: A bachelor's Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics, Public Health, or other Health Science-related field, and credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Knowledge and experience in Nutrition education and interventions. Knowledge of Participant Centered Education and Motivational Interviewing methodology. Excellent verbal/written communication skills required. Certification as a Certified Lactation Counselor as established and validated by the Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice strongly preferred.
Experience: A minimum of one-year experience as a WIC Dietitian, community nutrition, or public health preferred. Knowledge of the WIC program and maternal child health desired. Supervisory and managerial experience desired.
Schedule: Hours may vary: Mon – Friday 8 am – 7 pm and Saturdays 9 am – 5:30 pm. Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
Inland Behavioral and Health Services, Inc.
Inland Behavioral and Health Services, Inc. is a community based non-profit Federally Qualified Healthcare Organization that operates three facilities in San Bernardino and one in Banning, California. We offer many different health services including Medical, Dental, and Mental healthcare. We welcome you to browse our site and learn more about the services we provide, the opportunities we offer, our hours of operation, directions to our facilities, as well as our contact information. www.ibhealth.org