The Maintenance Person is responsible for on-going internal and external maintenance of the buildings, equipment and grounds at all sites operated by the agency. The Maintenance Person shall perform minor clean-up of facilities during the business day and assist in activities such as the movement of furniture, set up of chairs and tables for meetings, etc. The Maintenance Person shall perform minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical installations and repairs to the Agency facilities or otherwise assist in obtaining outside contractors for the work. The Maintenance Person will interface with contract cleaning, repair and gardening staff on behalf of the Agency and in conjunction with assigned persons from the Finance Department, participates in identification and inventory of furniture and equipment. The Maintenance Person reports to the Facility Supervisor/Coordinator. Must have transportation for travel between facilities and transport of cleaning utensils and solutions and small tools as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Typical responsibilities and duties of the Maintenance Person position include, but are not limited to:
Immediately remove graffiti from the inside and outside of the facilities or obtain services for such removal.
Will perform heating, cooling, plumber, and locksmith activities.
Cleanup of spills and unsightly accumulations of debris in treatment rooms during the day, waiting rooms, entrances, hallways, bathrooms, lunch areas, doorways, etc.
Maintain a regular schedule of inspections and checks for maintenance issues including light fixtures, exit signs, walls, floors, plumbing fixtures, and air vents, and provide written notice to supervisor of issues discovered. Make repairs and install replacement items as directed.
Keep landscape neat and clear of unsightly debris during the day. Direct activities of the contract gardener.
Empty trash cans as needed throughout the building during the day. Sweep and mop children’s child-care area along with PCN big room.
Assist with moving furniture and equipment as needed.
Places physical identifier on furniture and equipment through engraving, application of tags, or painting and enters identifier in inventory records.
Inventory and maintain needed janitorial and bathroom supplies.
Attend training to improve and/or maintain skills.
Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent. Two years paid experience in a commercial maintenance or janitorial position in a large building or a 10 unit or greater apartment complex. History must include experience in making minor repairs of plumbing and electrical systems; minor carpentry work; painting, and landscape maintenance.
- Must be able to make overhead repairs, remove graffiti from odd locations, lift boxes of paper supplies and carry for small distances, do repetitive motions related to cleaning, bend and stoop as needed to remove debris from landscaping and interior of building, perform minor plumbing repairs under sinks and in other difficult locations, read and write instructions.
- Must be licensed to drive in California.
- Must be able to load and unload furniture from transport vehicle.
- Able to load and unload small tools and equipment including ladders, dollies, and related items as needed from transport vehicle.
- Maintain a regular schedule of inspections and checks for maintenance issues including light fixtures, exit signs, walls, floors, plumbing fixtures, and air vents, and provide written notice to supervisor of issues discovered.
- Make repairs and install replacement items as directed.