An exceptionally detail-oriented professional with a strong skillset in customer interaction. The Intake Specialist is often our first point of contact for the patient and works side by side with our Case Managers. Is responsible for organizing new cases in our database, as well as managing documents such as medical orders, medical records & bills. The position entails extensive contact with the patients, as well as the medical & legal community within the patient care network of ICS.Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be able to gather, analyze and examine information and documents and manage a high-volume case load.
- Excellent written and telephone skills are essential to customer service as well as inter-office communication.
- Must be a team player able to function in a fast-paced, high volume office environment.
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work with diverse ethnic and cultural groups are vital.
- Responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative staff support to a department and/or Case Manager, delivering general clerical, receptionist, and short- or long-term project-based tasks.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining client and patient profiles and records in customer and client database, ensuring all client and patient profiles are accurately and completely entered into the ICS system.
- Safeguarding and securing client information (PHI) contained in each case file under HIPAA Federal regulation.
- Resolve customer service issues in a knowledgeable and friendly manner.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction is delivered, even under difficult circumstances.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate agility to multitask, organize, and prioritize shifting tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Acute attention to detail with proven ability to work with speed and accuracy under high-volume conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional customer interaction skills, including communication, problem solving, relationship building, and conflict resolution.
- Strong oral and written skills with proper grammar, spelling and punctuation; Proven experience in communicating with professionals (attorneys, physicians, providers, etc.) via telephone, email, fax, and outgoing mail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Candidate should have at least a high school Diploma, preferably an Associate Degree or 5+ years' experience as a Medical Patient Coordinator or Personal Injury Paralegal.
- 5 to 10 years Customer Service Experience.
- Experience or knowledge of HIPAA and the legal claim management for Personal Injury victims is helpful.
- Intermediate competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe PDF.
- Experience using database systems.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Eager to learn and looking for an opportunity to elevate skills and experience.
Interested candidates can apply at: https://injurycaresolutions.applicantpro.com
Job Posted by ApplicantPro