Executive Assistant to the Ingleside President and CEO
- Expired: November 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: Reporting directly to the Ingleside President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Ingleside President and CEO. The Executive Assistant must be creative, innovative, professional, confidential, and enjoy working within a mission-driven, results-driven, older adult organization. The ideal individual is a confidential consummate professional, exercises good judgment in a variety of situations, is a proficient and has strong written and verbal communication, administrative, organizational, technology, and project management skills, and the ability to maintain an effective balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant has the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, execution and reassessment, and works under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion and attention to detail.
- Executive Support
a. Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Ingleside President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; assisting with the preparation of the Boards of Directors meetings and its associated materials; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that at times is confidential; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings, creates presentations, and reports as needed.
b. Plans, coordinates, and ensures the Ingleside President and CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Ingleside President and CEO time and office, balancing the President and CEO's and the stakeholder's priorities and deliverables.
c. Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President and CEO, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
d. Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Ingleside President and CEO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
e. Works closely and effectively with the Ingleside President and CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Ingleside President and CEO updated.
f. Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the Ingleside President and CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
g. Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Ingleside President and CEO's ability to effectively lead the organization.
h. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion.
i. Creates presentations and other documents to support the Ingleside President and CEO's work, ensuring that those documents reflect the organization's mission, values, and commitment to an excellent and quality work product.
2. Board Support
a. Serves as the Ingleside President and CEO's executive assistant to the Ingleside Boards of Directors; Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and event/meal planning as needed.
b. Maintains discretion and confidentiality. Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format as appropriate.
i. Drafts meeting minutes and sends them to the Secretary of the board for editing in a timely manner.
ii. Prepares all documents for full Board meetings ensuring packets are uploaded and distributed a week before the scheduled Board meeting. Ensures documentation for various Board committees are prepared and sent out in a timely manner; drafts minutes of each full Board and committee meetings.
iii. Ensures communications are distributed from the Board chairman to intended recipients.
c. Functions as the official record keeper by ensuring the maintenance, Articles of Incorporation, organization, and filing of corporate documents, including all Board charters, bylaws, minutes, resolutions, and legal filings - including master trust indentures for each community's public debt offerings - are filed in a secure manner.
- Senior Management a. Schedules and attends Ingleside Leadership Team and other management meetings. Prepares and distributes agendas and tracks action items, as requested.
- Communicationsa. Ensures that the Ingleside President and CEO's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the Ingleside President and CEO and the organization in general. b. Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to internal and external stakeholders. c. Reserves and schedules rooms within the communities for events. Places food orders and arranges event details for internal or external meetings when needed.
- General office support: Serves as a backup support person when required.
- Embodies Ingleside's vision, mission, and values
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build working relationships with stakeholders
- Expert level verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to be effective independently
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or required based on experience. Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization. Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), with proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Visio, and Board Effect and other technology as needed, i.e., PowerDMS policy software.
- Commitment and dedication: Strives to achieve and adheres to Ingleside's vision, mission, and values demonstrated by daily behavior and actions.
- Governance and accountability: Abides by all rules that govern personal and professional actions; including Ingleside's policies and procedures; agency laws and regulations.
- Ethical decision making: Demonstrates solid reasoning in daily duties as to not cause real or perceived harm.
- Continuous quality improvement: Strives for superiority in all duties.
- Excellent customer service: Acts in a manner to support the non-profit mission of ministry and provide superior demonstrations of respect and dignity to all.
- Personal development and education: Focuses on continuous development to enhance self and in promotion of organizational excellence.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Salaried Exempt, Normal business hours with exceptions for Board and other meetings when necessary.
- Some travel for meetings will be required.
As an employer committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Ingleside recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably-related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. Ingleside reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Get fresh Executive Assistant To President jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.