- Posted: over a month ago
Saturday /Sunday 3:30pm to 12:00am Shift
Ingleside at King Farm (IKF) is a not-for-profit, continuing care retirement community central to the award-winning inter-generational King Farm development. We offer small town living just a short ride from the Nation's capital. Inside our walls, residents find a stress free lifestyle with a variety of cultural arts, wellness activities and amenities to choose from, and some of the area's most spacious apartment homes. But most of all, they find unique members and staff with rich life experiences who have created a community within a community.
Ingleside at King Farm has a proven record of success! IKF consistently maintains a 5 Star CMS rating and are CARF certified! We have achieved certification as a Great Place to Work based on team member feedback in areas relating to trust, culture, and the meaning derived from their jobs and we are Sage Certified.
Ingleside at King Farm offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefit plans that include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with matching and 3 year vesting
- Educational Scholarship opportunities
- Onsite CPR training
We currently have openings for the following:
- Part Time Security Officer
- Pay Rate- $15 per hour
- Saturday /Sunday 3:30pm to 12:00am Shift
If your career goals and passion for seniors is in line with ours, Ingleside at King Farm is the place for you. We would be honored to review your resume in hopes that you join our team! We seek employees whose core values are in line with those of IKF: Accountability, Respect, Innovation, Stewardship and striving for Excellence.
This position is primarily responsible for providing safety and security procedures to the residents of the Ingleside at King Farm. Additional duties include assistance with minor maintenance repairs.
Provides safety and security to residents, visitors, and employees of Ingleside at King Farm.
- Patrols interior and exterior of the community throughout the day; ensures all doors and windows are secure.
- Ensures all areas of the community comply with the security, safety and fire requirements set by the state of District of Columbia.
- Investigates all instances of property loss and/or disturbances; writes thorough report of findings and sends to Security Manager.
- Maintains security logs on all department activities and ensures all fire and safety systems are working properly.
- Assists fire and police officials with safety drills and/or emergency situations.
- Ensures constant contact with department managers and other security officers and responds to emergency calls immediately.
- Unlocks specified doors each morning at designated time and locks doors at requested time.
- Reports any emergency situation to the fire or police department immediately and ensures appropriate staff is notified in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all visitors are parked in appropriate parking spaces, resolves issues as needed.
- Assists nursing staff with lifting and/or escorting residents within the community.
- Monitors CCTV systems for suspicious activity throughout the property.
Assists in general maintenance duties, repairs, or requests on a need be basis.
- Assumes the role of maintenance mechanic when requested and calls for backup if unable to resolve maintenance issue.
- Handles simple maintenance repairs to include light fixtures, HVAC, basic plumbing, etc.
- Aides in determining and resolving power outages throughout the community.
- Removes snow during the winter; salts sidewalks and entrances throughout the community.
- Records, completes, and returns maintenance paperwork to Security Supervisor.
Performance and Professionalism
Maintains professional presence when representing Ingleside at King Farm; exhibits degree of professionalism consistent with standards in performance, behavior, and appearance.
- Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy at all times according to policies and procedures; uses discretion when discussing confidential matters.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior with residents, families, co-workers, subordinates, supervisors, and other department staff.
- Maintains positive working relationships with management and coworkers; willingly follows directions and requests as appropriate.
- Exhibits professional standards through appearance and demeanor consistent personnel standards.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work assignments and performs in a manner to meet quality and timeliness objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures; seeks clarification or interpretation from appropriate supervisor when needed.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in all relations with others.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED),
- six (6) months to one (1) year of security experience with unarmed security certification required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Incumbent should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form, possess high-quality verbal and written communication ability, strong customer service skills, and be available at all times.
Our Benefits (Full Time):
- 401k Plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement
As an employer committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Ingleside recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
*Due to the large number of applicants please DO NOT call to check on the status of your application. Hiring managers will review all applicants and contact those that are the best qualified.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Ingleside At King Farm
Real EstateView all jobs at Ingleside At King Farm