Overview: Responsible for supporting the Business Development Manager with data entry, purchase order management, reporting, basic customer-facing communications, and other administrative tasks. The Administrative Assistant will support the serial product and after sales operation.
- Receive customer purchase orders via customer portals or email distribution, review vs. established price list or seek manager approval to enter in SAP
- Enter customer purchase orders in SAP, Access database, and shipping logs
- Create order acknowledgement in SAP and communicate promise dates to customers
- Acknowledge orders and enter promise dates in customer portals
- Manage basic communications with customers about order status
- Collaborate with supply chain about open spare part purchase orders and material availability to confirm promise dates
- Monitor production updates; transfer serial production machines from DCS system to SAP
- Prepare delivery notes; share delivery notes, shipping documents, and shipment information with internal teams in a timely manner
- Send picking requests to warehouse; collaborate with warehouse about inbound and outbound shipments and order status; archive shipping paperwork and update internal files
- Communicate with trucking companies about pickup schedules; communicate inbound and outbound schedule to internal teams
- Send daily, weekly, and monthly progress updates to customers, according to reporting requirements
- Enter customer purchase order details in sales order management tools, update when order status changes
- Maintain a consistent and organized folder structure with record of quotations, purchase orders, delivery notes, shipping documents, invoices, and other relevant order documents. Archive files in customer folders
- Enter invoices in customer portal for timely payment
- Maintain shipping logs and order trackers that are critical for reporting results to management
- Communicate weekly updates to cross-functional and global teams
- Prepare customer quotations; maintain database of open quotations and quotation status
- Create work orders and sales orders in SAP for repair services; maintain order logs with updated information
- Create documents for customer property being repaired onsite
- Submit Test Reports and COC's in customer protocal
- Review weekly accounts receivable tracker, follow up with customers regarding outstanding payments
- Achieve KPIs as established by Business Development Manager in the Balanced Scorecard
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Previous sales order management experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented professional with excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize various tasks.
- Must have the ability to work independently and take initiative to accomplish tasks.
- Must be able to work cross functionally with internal teams
- Previous clerical/administrative experience preferred.
- High school diploma/GED required