At Ingersoll Rand we arepassionate about inspiring progress around the world\. We advance thequality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficientenvironments\. Our people and our family of brands-including Club Car , IngersollRand , Thermo King , Trane , AmericanStandard Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO \- worktogether to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency\. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results\. For more information, visit www\.ingersollrand\.com \.
The Air Conditioning Systems and Services business of Ingersoll Rand providesheating, ventilation and air conditioning systems that enhance the quality andcomfort of the air in homes and buildings around the world, under the Trane andAmerican Standard Heating & Air Conditioning names and brands\.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for Controls/ServiceTechnicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as thebrand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensivetotal compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holidayand vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendlyenvironment \(Veterans are highly encouraged to apply\)
- Unlimited opportunities for careerdevelopment and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employerof choice in our industry \(we want to be the company where everyone wants towork\)
- World Class continuing education,featuring Manufacturer \(OEM\) Level Training Company\-wide commitment topromoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement ofcommunity involvement and sustainability \(green initiatives\)
- Late model, clean, and dependablecompany vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone
This role is the primary service and maintenance contact forIngersoll Rand/Trane Customers in a defined market with a diverse commercialbase including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, EducationInstitutions and Office Complexes\. In this extremely unique role blendingyour HVAC and Controls knowledge, you will be responsible for starting andcommissioning new systems, diagnosing, and repair of environmental\-controlsystems, utilizing knowledge of electronics, direct digital control, airflow,hydronics, refrigeration theory, and control and mechanical techniques indiverse commercial settings\. Additionally, you would be expected toengage in retrofit and repair of environmental\-comfort systems, utilizingknowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts\. Itserves to Promote and Maintain Customer Relationships through delivering worldclass customer service\. Trane/Ingersoll Rand affords you the opportunity towork directly for a leading manufacture giving you access to technical support,training on newest technology and comprehensive career paths with opportunityfor growth\.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include thefollowing\. Other functions may be assigned\.
- Establish& maintain a positiverelationship with customers, vendors and co\-workers through effective oral andwritten communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face
- Responsible for end to end testing,downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects\.
- Represents the company by serving asthe direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products andequipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer'slocation\.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduledpreventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requestsincluding replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as need orrequested by customers\. Communicate with Customer and or Project Managerinspection/service findings\.
- Coordinates with team leader andcustomer to precisely understand requirements for all on\-site installation andrepairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues,gathering materials and synchronizing on\-site work\.
- Responsible for servicing productsand equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction toinclude training and follow\-up training\.
- Uses cutting edge software andtechnology, along with a variety of hand\-tools, following blueprints orengineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units\.
- Continually enforces safety to thehighest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issuedand procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions\.
- Organizes and complies with allpertinent documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to successfullymanage the businesses required reports\.
- Independently manages daily businessneeds by identifying parts to order for repairs and determines the urgency ofthe requirement\.
- Keeps current on Trane productsconcerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of directdigital controls and HVAC mechanical systems\.
- Initiates the direction of thecustomer to the appropriate sales contact as necessary\.
- Displays team effort and dedicationto customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as thebusiness requires, including occasional overnight stays\.
- A High School Diploma or equivalentand 2\-5 years of experience in HVAC; or equivalent combination of education\(Technical School\) and experience is required\.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoftoffice software and working proficiency with hand held computer \(i\.e\.Smartphone, iPad\)\.
- Must possess a valid driver'slicense for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent trafficviolations including, but not limited to:
- Hit& Run, License Suspension,Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventablecollisions in the previous 3 years\.
- This position requires working indiverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms withexposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions,precarious places, and risk of electrical shock \(high voltage\)\.
- This position is highly physical andrequires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling\. Itrequires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently liftand or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs\.
Primary Location: FENTON\-Missouri
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 28, 2019, 7:31:33 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.