AtIngersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around theworld\. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,sustainable and efficient environments\. Our people and our family ofbrands-includingClub Car,Ingersoll Rand,Thermo King,Trane,American Standard Heating & AirConditioningandARO\- work together toenhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport andprotect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity andefficiency\. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainableprogress and enduring results\. For more information, visitwww\.ingersollrand\.com\.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusiveenvironment\. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring adiverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United Statesqualified protected veterans\.
We arelooking to hire an HVAC TechnicianSupport role in our Miramar, FL Office\.
This position supports the Climate Business\.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting HVAC Field Technicians in routine maintenance and inspections on existing systems\.
- Under direction from HVAC service technician, assists in servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction\.
- May be required to use a variety of small hand tools\.
- Under close supervision may perform light preventative maintenance and inspections as needed or requested by HVAC Field Technicians, or HVAC Field Technician Supervisor\.
- Maintains stock of inventory and company equipment\.
- May perform vehicle maintenance, as necessary\.
- Delivers parts to job sites, as necessary\.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required\.
- To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily\.
- The requirements listedbelow are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilityrequired\.
- Reasonable accommodationsmay be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions\.
- High School Diploma orGED\.
- Prefer Associate'sdegree \(A\. A\.\) or equivalent from two\-year College or technical school with a certificatein Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning\.
- Ability to read andcomprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos\.
- Ability to write simplecorrespondence\.
- Ability to effectivelypresent information in one\-on\-one and small group situations to customers,clients, and other employees of the organization\.
- Ability to add,subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,common fractions, and decimals\.
- Ability to compute rate,ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs\.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, ordiagram form\.
- Ability to deal withproblems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations\.
- Valid driver's license
- The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job\. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions\.
- While performing theduties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; climb,balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; talk and hear\. The employeefrequently is required to walk, use hands to finger, reach, or feel, and reachwith hands and arms\. The employee is occasionally required tosit\. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds\. Weightmay exceed 50 pounds on occasion requiring assistance\. Specificvision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus\.
- The work environmentcharacteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job\. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions\.
- This position requiresworking outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weatherconditions\. While performing the duties of this job, the employee isregularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment\. Theemployee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precariousplaces; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk ofelectrical shock \(high voltage\); and vibration\. The employee isoccasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extremeheat\. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud\.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with IngersollRand\. Progress begins with you\.
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world\. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments\. Our people and our family of brands-including Club Car , Ingersoll Rand , Thermo King , Trane , American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO \- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency\. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results\. For more information, visit www\.ingersollrand\.com \.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment\. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including minorities, females, individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and United States qualified protected veterans\.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals\. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest\. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations\.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Ingersoll Rand\. Progress begins with you\.
Primary Location: MIRAMAR\-Florida
Shift: Day Job
Type: Entry Job/Early Talent
Posting: Dec 3, 2019, 12:57:25 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.