At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands-including Club Car, Ingersoll Rand, Thermo King, Trane, American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Ingersoll Rand has an exciting opportunity for a position in our Test Lab as a Test Technician II. This position is based out of Trane, Tyler Texas Location in the Engineering Lab. The primary role of this position is testing in support of new product development, sustainability, and quality improvement projects, Department of Energy Qualifying, and UL safety test. This role is responsible for test in the lab that produce qualifying performance and safety test data on Residential Air Conditioning Products. The area requires a high level of problem solving, troubleshooting, organization, and collaboration. This position works closely with engineering and other lab personnel to complete projects.
- Plan, set up, and execute testing in accordance with approved test plan and AHRI and UL Standards
- Manage workload to maximize productivity, efficiency and safety
- Collect and interpret test data, assuring validity and appropriate detail
- Provide input during test planning stages
- Provide design feedback during and after completion of testing
- Independently troubleshoot and diagnose common test problems
- Increase technical skills and knowledge of Trane products and processes
- Promote established environmental, health, and safety procedures to ensure safety of oneself and others in the work area
- Drives for continuous improvement
- Support other testing and lab activities as needed
- Train newer/ less experienced associates in test practices and procedures
- This role requires one to three years of Engineering Lab experience or 5 years of HVAC field experience
- Proficient use of test equipment and computers
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Strong mechanical and basic electrical aptitude. Experience with electrical wiring and troubleshooting.
- Technical associate's degree or 1 year of technical school, trade school (HVAC) and 1-3 years minimum equivalent field experience servicing/installing air-conditioning equipment
- Understanding of HVAC and Refrigeration systems
- Follow good safety practices and contribute to the cleanliness and neatness as necessitated in a laboratory atmosphere
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you