IT Technical Support
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a future IT Field Technician to join our internship class. You will resolve computer & software-related issues for our clients.
The duties of an IT Technician include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to client needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with clients from various industries and executive levels. They are required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems and implement technical solutions to them.
This position is entry-level with some network and computer hardware understanding. It’s a start-up, must be willing to put in 200 percent effort. First 90-180 days hired as an independent contractor/intern. Pay starts at $12.50 an hour during internship and as high as $15.00 once hired; all depending on performance, availability and work ethic skills.
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software via remote help-desk support or on-site support
- Resolve and respond issues for clients via ticketing system, phone or onsite in person
- Ability to diagnose hardware and software related issues
- Use company vehicle to drive to DFW clients to assist with IT technical issues on-site. NOTE: must have a good driving history
- Problem-solving: IT Technicians often have to interpret a problem and determine the best way to resolve it. This requires the use of critical thinking, as the IT Tech may need additional information that isn't provided in order to resolve an IT technical issue.
- Patience: IT Technicians work closely with clients. Patience is necessary for this field. Often the clients don't understand what is happening with their system and may not describe it properly. Patience will benefit the IT Tech in understanding the problem and working toward a solution.
- Communication: Communicating with clients, supervisors, business owners, executive leaders and helps everyone to understand the problem and potential solutions. Clearly stating the situation, following through with emails and phone calls and sharing resolutions will make the process flow smoothly.
- Endurance: Because IT Technicians can work long hours with complicated projects, the ability to stay focused on the objective is key. IT Techs may also be involved in the relocation of servers, hardware and peripherals that are important to the operation of the business.
- Previous experience in IT, customer service, or other related fields is a huge plus, but NOT required.
- Ability to build rapport with client
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Adapt to a fast paced environment
- Be able to work in a start-up environment
- ****Good driving record YOU will be driving company vehicle to go do on-site IT support
2224 Shorecrest Drive DallasDallas, TX
Get fresh Field Support jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.