- Posted: 5 days ago
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician will facilitate all phases of pharmacy compounding/dispensing while providing patient centric service to include regular interaction with Caregivers, Physicians, and other stakeholders during the execution of these functions. This person will always work under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist and in collaboration with the healthcare team to provide exceptional value to our customers. They will be a key contributor for all phases of the Specialty Infusion Pharmacy's operation and should be an experienced professional in this segment of care delivery. The successful candidate will perform all duties in accordance with company policy/procedure, state professional standards, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist the Pharmacy Technician will:
- Assist the pharmacist with the preparation and dispensing of medications and supplies using appropriate techniques
- Perform basic pharmaceutical calculations in order to obtain correct dose of medication
- Demonstrate & incorporates principles of safety, sterile product processing & infection control into daily activities as outlined in organization's policies/procedures
- Dispense products and record in pharmacy management software to generate delivery documents for prescription including ticket and labels
- Ensure that a licensed pharmacist on duty properly checks all outgoing prescriptions prior to delivery and participate in patient outreach process
- Assist with the selection, packing and delivery of specialty infusion products and services on a patient specific basis
- Contact patients, caregivers and other stakeholders to determine health, supplies or delivery matters and as needed
- Confirm delivery based on company protocols
- Assist with recording and maintaining of various pharmacy logs
- Ensure that all pharmacy, preparation and all surfaces are maintained in accordance with company policies and regulatory requirements
- Adhere to appropriate safety and quality assurance practices. Comply with state and federal laws
- Assists with product purchasing, inventory and equipment management
- Coordinate with suppliers and insure the correct drug products are received from the wholesale company if requested
- Verify the accuracy of product orders received. Checks prices against contract and in the schedule of charges. Assists with the system of tracking infusion pumps and medical equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of (5) years’ experience as a Pharmacy technician
- Excellent Communication skills including reading, writing, and speaking
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to record and maintain pharmacy records. Understand how to calculate and check for correct doses of medication.
Highly Preferred Requirements:
- Experience working in a hospital pharmacy
- Experience with CPR+ Pharmacy Management System
- Completion of an accredited Pharmacy Technician training program certified as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT - Pharmacy Tech Certification Board or ICPhT - Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy)
Required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear; required to use hands to operate vehicles and office equipment; must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs; specific vision requirements for this job include: close, distance and peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position without compromising patient care.
InfuCare Rx is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military status, marital status, citizenship/immigration status, sex (including pregnancy and relation conditions, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age (40 and older), disability, genetic information (including employer requests for, or purchase use, or disclosure of genetic tests, genetic services, or family medical history), retaliation for filing a charge, reasonably opposing discrimination, or participating in a discrimination lawsuit, investigation, or proceeding. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Infucare Rx Inc on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?