Enterprise Systems Engineer Southern California
- Over a month ago
- $115,000 to $145,000 Yearly
REMOTE ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS ENGINEER IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (San Diego, Inland Empire, Riverside, Orange County, LA County etc.) WILLING TO TRAVEL AS NEEDED.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2003, Infracore takes a high-touch approach to providing end-to-end IT infrastructure support, systems management, network design and security, desktop support, and strategic decision guidance for mid-size, technology-centric companies. We believe in fostering an employee-centered culture through collaboration and providing opportunities, training, and resources for employees to become their most successful self. We stand for each others success with core values based on Integrity, Commitment, and Trust.
Our remote Enterprise Systems Engineer will design, deploy and implement a variety of IT and Cybersecurity projects and solutions for our clients with technical knowledge and precision including IT processes and procedures. This person will also manage their projects and vigilantly document internal processes and end-user how-to documentation to support client, internal team and business goals.
We are looking for team players who:
- Are future-minded technical visionaries who thrive on not just solving the problem for today but setting others up for long-term success by finding modern and mature options. They are pragmatic and astute with conversations about pros and cons, risks and trade-offs. They are willing to venture out of their comfort zone to learn and grow.
- Are highly organized with impeccable attention to detail and can effectively manage multiple tasks and projects with competing and changing priorities so that they run smoothly. They understand that small oversights can result in big breakdowns in the future.
- Have excellent communication abilities written and verbal and can motivate and inspire your team by crafting clear and concise documentation. They present information to clients and colleagues in a digestible and action-oriented way that creates the space to ask questions, probe for solutions or fill-in-the-blanks when theres not enough context.
- They are a genuine team player who value collaboration, share knowledge and step in to support without being asked. Their whatever it takes mindset brings people together and inspires teamwork.
- Understand Infracores mission, values and guiding principles and gains clarity on client base, business model, products and services in detail. Builds foundation of strong relationships with teammates.
- Implement and execute IT and Cybersecurity service offerings with proficiency, autonomy and a critical eye for barriers or issues that might arise to work through those with a creative mindset.
- Review client project scope with manager and implement proposed solution or program within the teams charter document, including but not limited to networking, Active Directory, migration and IT assessments.
- Handles 2-3 concurrent projects with full understanding of the project scope, timeline, budget, and resources and escalates issues to their manager.
- Takes on design and implementation for approximately 30% of the types of projects outlined in the team Charter with minimal supervision, including but not limited to storage upgrades, physical infrastructure moves, migration of phone system to Cloud and remote location stand up/expansion.
- Takes on new projects in a variety of areas and is comfortable taking on design and implementation for 75% of the types of projects in the team Charter document with minimal supervision, including but not limited to migration to Cloud (Azure/AWS), Cloud infrastructure assessments, migration to Microsoft 365 and large-scale Windows desktop refresh/rollout.
- Works an average of 120 billable hours per month of invoiced time provided enough billable work exists and manager has not provided direction to work unbilled tasks first.
- Assists Sales Team with pre-sales technical efforts in a way that inspires confidence in our technical abilities with prospective clients.
- Works with the sales team and Enterprise Services Manager to build project plans, project charters and scope of work documents.
- Completes certification/education goal set earlier in the year. Identifies next certification/education goals for the next 12 months.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of related work experience designing, deploying & implementing enterprise IT projects and solutions
- Detailed understanding of Active Directory in an enterprise setting including the schema, OU design, global catalog, group policy, Kerberos, LDAP, ADSI Edit, tombstone, and backing up and restoring Active Directory elements
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server technologies including ability to configure and troubleshoot redundant DFS, NPS, DHCP, DNS, DC services
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft 365 product ecosystem including MS365 Security, Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Demonstrated ability to engineer complex Microsoft 365 rollout and integration scenarios such as company mergers and spin-offs
- Working knowledge of Azure AD, including synchronization methods, Enterprise Applications, SSO and Conditional Access configuration
- Proven understanding of cybersecurity measures and best practices, such as multi-factor authentication, Microsoft Authenticator, Duo, and other RMM and automation tools, SSL certificates, encryption and public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Detailed understanding of AWS and/or Azure and ability to design and implement redundant, scalable infrastructures and perform premise-to-cloud/cloud-to-cloud migrations
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking, including the ability to capture and analyze packet data for troubleshooting purposes
- Proven ability to design complex and redundant networks with multiple sites, locations, subnets, WAN and VPN technologies
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (PowerShell preferred)
- Proven experience with setting up physical servers including RAID configuration, firmware updates, OS/Hypervisor installation and rack/stack operations
- Working knowledge of SAN and Storage platforms including disk and SSD types, RAID types, connectivity options (iSCSI, Fiber Channel), data replication, LUN creation and masking, file vs. block storage
- Proven experience with virtualization solutions (VMware, Hyper-V) including designing and implementing high availability solutions
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in IT theory
Colorado and California applicants: This role pays $120,000 - $145,000 annually (pay for other locations may vary).
Company Benefits and Perks:
- Work-Life Balance
- Competitive Salary
- Certification path and reimbursement Certification path and reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer paid Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Baby Bonding Leave
- 401(k) matching
- PTO and holiday pay
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing professional development & coaching
- Employee led technical training
- Social events
Infracore is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. We provide assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process.
AddressSan Diego, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?