Program Manager II 35573-1
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Program Manager II 35573-1
Duration: 12 Months with possible extension or conversion
Job Type: W2
Job Location: Burlingame, CA, Baltimore, MD, Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Los Angeles, CA, and San Diego, CA
The main function of a non-IT program manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc or any other non-IT based project.
• Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
• Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients.
• Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
• Analyze technology, resource needs and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
• Confer with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
• Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
• Direct, review and approve product designs and changes.
• Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
• 3+ years of relevant or related Program or Project Management experience
• Excellent organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Track record of operating independently and delivering results, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
• Ability to be successful in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively work towards solutions
• Interpersonal and collaboration skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills for interacting with and influencing researchers and cross functional stakeholders with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
• Advanced computer skills specifically in the areas of Google Docs/Sheets/Slides and Microsoft Office.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Strong knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
• Strong knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio etc.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field.
• PMI or PMP certification preferred.
Get fresh Program Manager Contract jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.