Network Operations Engineer, Sr.
- Posted: over a month ago
Please do not submit any candidates that were already submitted to Coupa 583.
*Note, this is a hybrid schedule, 3 days in & 2 days out. This is non-negotiable, so please ensure your candidate is 100% okay with this. Also, please ensure your candidate has heavier experience as a Sr. Network Operations Engineer and not as a Network Security Engineer. The candidate should have 10+ years experience in the industry. Lastly, they must dress business professional on the interviews.
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Perform activities required to support the enterprise LAN/WAN network comprising over 60 sites nationwide and supporting branch operations, production datacenters, applications, telephone and video systems and other devices.
• Experienced with the identification, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems.
• Maintenance of network hardware and software components.
• Experience with management of network monitoring, including Solarwinds, Riverbed, Cisco Prime and DNAC
• Experience with performance analysis and capacity planning for network circuits and devices.
• Ensure network devices are configured and maintained in accordance with appropriate standards, best practices, and regulatory compliance requirements. Utilize and follow the change management process for network changes.
• Hardware installation and maintenance of network devices, including lifting up to 50lbs to heights of up to 6ft.
• Configuration of Palo Alto firewalls and other network infrastructure, including, cisco routers, switches, F5 load balancers IPS/IDS, and wireless controllers.
• Provide Level 2 support to Network Operations for all LAN/WAN issues.
• Effectively communicate both technical details and summarized impact analysis to Management.
• Provide necessary network infrastructure support for day to day operations and appropriate disaster recovery procedures to support business continuity.
• Keep abreast of new technologies and recommend adoption as appropriate. Identify areas for automation or other process improvement.
• Cross-train and mentor to enhance skill-set with peers and superiors.
• Participate in team on-call rotation and provide support during project and operations related cutovers.
• Ensure network equipment is upgraded in line with vendor recommended operating system.
• Maintenance of asset information and other documentation.
• Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
• Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
• Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank
Mandatory SkillsREQUIRED SKILLS -Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience) 10+ years of experience in the industry. -Expert knowledge of Cisco networking equipment and software - Cisco CCNP or equivalent - with a minimum 5 years' experience with design and deployment of enterprise LAN/WAN networks in mission-critical, 7x24 production environments -Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols -Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments -Extensive experience with both interior and exterior routing protocols, including OSPF, and BGP -Solid understanding of VPN concepts and experience with GRE, IPSEC and other VPN technologies -Experience designing and supporting high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments -Experience supporting secure enterprise wireless networks; including Cisco knowledge and experience -Experience supporting IP-based voice and video systems, including QoS on both LAN and WAN infrastructure -Experience deploying and managing SNMP-based network monitoring tools -Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills must be a Team player/Collaborative -Provides extraordinary service -Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient. -Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person. -Working knowledge of: Route/Switch Nexus Palo Alto Firewall F5 Load Balancing Cisco Wireless Cisco ISE Cisco ASA IPS/IDS Monitoring
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?