Firmware Software Engineer V 43991-1
Job Title: Firmware Software Engineer V 43991-1
Duration: 12 Months with possible extension
Job Type: W2
Location: Redmond, WA (On-Site)
Experienced writing code for embedded targets
Experience with peripherals such as USB, SPI, MIPI CSI/DSI, I2C, UART, GPIO etc.
Ability to work on a team
Able to take high-level requirements and break them down into tasks
Good communication skills
? Top 3 must-have HARD skills:
1 Prior embedded system firmware design and implementation
2 Proficient in C/C++, and Python
3 Prior experience implementing firmware with RTOS
4 At least 10 years of experience with a bachelors degree
? Good to have skills:
1 Hardware design experience either in PCB circuit or SoC
2 Assembly language
3 Linux/Windows device driver
The main function of a firmware engineer in this role is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, and testing to develop firmware enabling embedded systems to meet customer requirements. A typical firmware software engineer researches, designs, develops and tests embedded software working with other Firmware engineers as well as engineers from other disciplines.
• Architect, design, implement, and test software enabling customers to meet their goals.
• Gather requirements from customers and break into tasks for execution.
• Create unit-tests to ensure software is always meeting quality needs.
• Work with Electrical, Firmware, and Software engineers to define solutions.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
• Mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
• Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
• Strong knowledge of C/C++
• Experience with peripherals such as USB, SPI, MIPI CSI/DSI, I2C, UART, GPIO etc.
• Experience producing production quality, fail-safe firmware for low-power real-time system control
• Experience with wireless and wired communication protocols, including USB, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Bluetooth and 802.11
• Experience with embedded micro-controllers like ARM Cortex M0/M3/M4 architecture and boot mechanism, interrupt priorities and experience with configuring peripherals
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
Infotech SourcingRedmond, WA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.