Engineering Program Specialist - Packaging
Location: Seattle, WA - initially remote
The AR/VR Packaging team is focused on delivering product packaging for all AR/VR products. We focus on packaging that is sustainable, design-focused, and enhances the customer experience. The products we work on help connect the world closer together and we contribute one box at a time. The AR/VR Packaging team seeks an Engineering Program Specialist who has experience supporting large cross-functional teams to deliver consumer packaging at scale. You'll be a critical member of the packaging team, removing barriers to your team's success, managing packaging skus and BOMs, supporting program budget tracking, requesting build allocations, purchase order requests, and prototype shipment management. Ideal team members thrive in a fast paced environment, have a can-do attitude, can juggle tasks across multiple programs, and remain flexible & productive in hectic environments. This is a contract position based in our Seattle office.
- Work closely with engineering to compile and manage packaging BOM (bill of materials) for all program skus
- Be the main interface to the PLM team to ensure accurate release of all BOMs into Agile
- Support financial budgeting and tracking processes
- Create Purchase Requisitions and maintain Purchase Order invoice reconciliations
- Manage material shipments and logistics in collaboration with both Facebook & contract manufacturing team
- Request program allocations
- Work on multiple projects concurrently
- Manage CM SOW inputs across all programs
- Build consensus between multiple teams to drive process improvements for the engineering, PLM, and EPS teams
- 2+ years experience as an Engineering Program Specialist in consumer electronics or packaging industry
- Experience in packaging or hardware development, working with contract manufacturers in Asia
- Ability to manage complex spreadsheets, accounting tools, and coordinate across different teams, vendors and time zones
- 5+ years experience as an Engineering Program Specialist in consumer electronics or packaging industry.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience (4 years in the field without degree)
Why Work Here?Hiring for a client based in SoCal.
Awesome company to work, grow and gain experience with.