Product Marketing Manager
Location: San Francisco
Duration: 8+ months
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter, an all-star athlete and individual contributor, to join the Platform Product Marketing team for a temporary opening. Someone who can help take the Platform to new levels of growth and innovation. If you're an experienced technical product marketer with a track record for crafting world-class messaging, engaging customer stories, and innovative go-to-market strategies, come help us revolutionize how technology is transforming businesses around the world.
The team develops product messaging and positioning, go to market programs, campaigns, events, and sales enablement. We measure our success by our ability to develop creative and innovative marketing strategies and gain the mindshare of senior executives and key buyers.
Who are you? You are a storyteller that has partnered with product managers to understand technology and how to translate product features and capabilities into compelling business value and world-class solutions. You are a big picture visionary who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and create compelling content to support our customers, partners, and sales teams. You can look at an architecture diagram and immediately figure out how to simplify it and translate it into a C-level message you can take in front of a room of executives. You have strong opinions about new technology and are willing to take risks.
Intrigued? Check out the details.
You will be a Manager, Product Marketing focused on the Salesforce Platform. Key focus areas include application development and platform as a service. You will partner closely with Product Management, Campaigns, Sales and other Product Marketing teams across the company to define core product messaging and support our go to market strategy. Successful candidates will have a passion for taking the complex and making it simple, and for marketing through compelling stories.
- Create thought-provoking and compelling external presentations as well as buyer journeys for prospective customers.
- Dream up world-class engaging demonstrations that are the basis for customer engagements in the sales process.
- Develop pithy and effective sales training materials. Make it easy for non-technical sales to understand our complete suite of security and integration offerings.
- Design well-informed content for a global team of sales engineers with more technical knowledge
- Partner with a world-class Product Management team to bring the future of innovation on the Salesforce Platform to market.
- Develop compelling and differentiated product messaging and positioning that clearly conveys Salesforce value to customers.
- Build engaging content off of core product messaging, including core assets, webinars, campaign deliverables, and new formats that reach target customers in a memorable and impactful way.
- Work with Sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win flagship brands through the sales cycle.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for cloud computing including Platform as a Service and Software as a Service and how cloud will revolutionize IT.
- At least 1-2 years experience in enterprise software or application development, preferably with some experience directly in public cloud-hosted services.
- 3-6 years experience in enterprise software with a deep understanding of IT organizations.