Great opportunity for a start up company that develops advanced hardware vision hardware, software and algorithms for autonomous vehicles.
Lead Sensor SW Engineer
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical leadership of a team of engineers to design, code, build and test the software. ❏ Create requirements, design, code and unit tests.
- Profile the code, identify the performance bottlenecks and optimize the code to eliminate the bottlenecks. ❏ Participate in the essential reviews and create the necessary documents (e.g. requirements, design, FMEA etc.) as per company's software development process.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience Requirements (required):
- 10+ years experience in development of mission critical multi-threaded servers or device drivers on Linux using C++ (C++ 11 preferred).
- 7+ years experience in optimizing algorithms and data structures for high performance computing. ❏ 5+ years experience in software development processes of mission critical applications in industries such as automobile, aerospace, medical devices, semiconductors, robotics or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience with automotive standards such as AUTOSAR, ISO 26262 etc is preferred but not mandatory.
- 3+ years experience in quickly building, leading and retaining a team of rock star engineers working in a fast paced startup environment.
- Demonstrated positive, flexible, can-do attitude and ability to work well within a cross functional team of diverse backgrounds and viewpoints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
❏ Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.