Customer Service Representative- Inbound
Job Reference: DMX-CSX-04785
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Closing Date: 20/02/2019
Answers incoming/outgoing calls and email as it relates to expositions, publications and marketing services. Processes requests for written information, subscriptions, industry directories, books and ticket/conference registration orders as well as responding to general information questions in a professional manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answers incoming phone lines promptly, courteously and correctly; answers questions, researches and
resolves problems and provides information in a clear and concise manner.
2. Answers inbound customer service email promptly, concisely and correctly using product information
and templates provided.
3. Takes ticket order and/or event registrations, subscription, directory and book sales over the phone.
4. Follows up on customer inquiries and research to assure satisfactory completion.
5. Remains current on changes in divisional facts, policies, procedures and product offerings.
6. Knows and understands individual product components and customer bases so that individual is well
informed and accurate when providing information.
7. Places outbound calls to solicit information encourage attendance and/or purchase additional products.
8. Qualify buyers by researching and collecting data and updating Salesforce with integrity.
9. Performs additional duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent with at least two years of college in marketing, communications or a related field. Working knowledge of computers, related software and other office equipment is required, including instant messaging. Must demonstrate skills in interpersonal communication and relationships. Ability to prioritize and respond to customer communications via multiple channels including phone and email. Accurate abilities in English grammar and math required. Individual must be able to adhere to strict rules of confidentiality.
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
Customer service experience. Call center experience. Positive and effective customer-service orientation along with problem-solving and conflict management skills. Organizational and time management skills. Knowledge of correct office protocol and professionalism in a business environment. Knowledge of publishing, trade shows and/or marketing industries is preferred.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls (operate a computer and other office equipment); reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
STATEMENT OF INTENT:
The purpose of this job description is to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this function. However, the nature of our business may require that the responsibilities associated with this job may change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. This description is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Requests by employees or applicants to accommodate an eligible disability will be followed by a current review of the essential functions of the position.