Events Coordinator - Agriculture
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
There's no such thing as a typical Informa colleague…And that's how we like it. We're a diverse Group, with over 10,000 colleagues working in many different roles in one of six Divisions and in over 30 countries. Each of us brings something different, a unique set of abilities, experience, and knowledge. It’s what makes us who we are.
All our businesses and offices share a culture based on respect and inclusiveness, and a working environment that is enjoyable, stimulating, rewarding and supportive for colleagues. One that enables everyone to fully participate in the life of the Group and its ongoing, sustainable growth.
As a division of Informa, a FTSE 100 company, Informa Markets provides customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through live, virtual and hybrid events, specialized digital content, and actionable data solutions.
People are at the heart of Informa Markets. Our business thrives on the passion and entrepreneurship of our 4,000+ colleagues, who deliver over 500 international events and brands in more than 40 countries across the globe.
Using our industry insight, comprehensive portfolio of markets, content and digital resources, we are passionate about creating platforms for our customers to connect and shaping environments that enable businesses to flourish.Job Description
What we’re looking for:
Informa Markets Agriculture Portfolio, Farm Progress, is looking for an Events Coordinator to function as an integral part of overall show management. You will help fulfill our live events, acting as a key contact with exhibitors, vendors, internal stakeholders, and the Show Director.
Role Accountability and Duties:
Farm Progress Tradeshows (2 annually)
- Manage setup process of online booth application and floorplan, process exhibitor applications, regular contact updates, assist with booth assignments
- Communicate booth confirmation, show guidelines, deadlines, monthly updates, etc. with exhibitors and respond to questions throughout the event cycle
- Work with show team and vendors to create the exhibitor service manual and all requisite show guidelines and order forms
- Point of contact for exhibitors with questions and general inquiries from those interested in exhibiting or visiting our shows
- Point of contact with internal sales staff, provide them updates and information regarding their client’s submissions and questions.
- Secure hotel room blocks, manage block for staffing and vendor needs, primary point of contact for partner hotels
- Communicate with and organize Specialty Exhibitors from signup process to move-in details, etc
- Responsible for printed collateral for show site including parking passes, tickets, food vouchers, etc. Manage projects from start to finish working with marketing on creative, vendor for printing and applicable distribution of materials
- Create Exhibitor packets and manage onsite distribution with careful attention to detail on custom orders of additional passes, etc
- Process and track required exhibitor documents, preparation of reports tracking exhibitor participation, review invoices and prepare check requests for vendors
- Work with Marketing to create informational updates to exhibitors via email
- Process events related bills, including event staff confirmation, submission to Accounts Payable and tracking
- Track inbound payments from various sources to insure receipt and coding.
- During Shows
- Manage Show Office and act as face of Farm Progress
- Facilitate Exhibitor check-in / packet pickup, process additional exhibitor badge sales
- Other administrative duties
Farm Progress Conference (1 annually)
- Work with housing department to secure hotel contract for meeting space and sleeping room block, manage staff and speaker hotel block
- Primary point of contact with hotel for pre-show and on-site. Pre-planning includes placing meals orders, conference and exhibit area room sets,
- Tracking event budget
- Ensure sponsor recognition materials placed
- Registration pre and on-site: work with internal registration team to set up on-line registration, create attendee packets, work with printer for materials including attendee badges, man registration desk and process any needed attendee registration changes
What you bring to the team:
- At least four years’ experience in tradeshows, meetings or other event related background
- A background in agriculture
- Ability to understand floorplans and provide clear information to vendors and exhibitors regarding them
- High level of proficiency in standard computer software including Word, Excel and PPT
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Project oriented with superior attention to detail and outstanding organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent customer service and written / verbal / telephone communication skills
- Strong team player who interacts well with external clients and internal teams
- Travel required – approximately 10%
- Experience with industry floorplan management systems like Map Your Show or A2Z
- The pay range for this position is $59,000 - $66,000 depending on experience.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa Markets is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AddressSaint Charles, IL
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Informa Markets
Get fresh Part Time Event Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!