Journalist, Pharma/Healthcare industry | Washington, DC preferred
Informa Intelligence Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Informa Pharma Intelligence, is seeking an experienced writer/journalist with a background in Rx regulatory analysis or related experience to join the US editorial group for its global pharmaceutical business titles. This position is based in Washington, DC, but there is flexibility to work remotely.
We are open to different kinds of specialization and background; we are looking to broaden our team with an experienced writer who will join our team of highly experienced biopharma journalists. The writer will contribute to a variety of publications with a focus on the Pink Sheet.
Informa’s industry-leading titles have been providing expert analysis of the key events and trends affecting the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries for many decades. The successful candidate will contribute a mix of news-driven and enterprising articles as part of a dedicated team of journalists located across the globe.Job Description
In a typical week you could:
- Report and write a mix of news-driven and enterprising articles, on topics including:
- Regulatory and policy developments by the US FDA, CMS, and other agencies
- Drug application submissions and approvals
- Reimbursement, drug safety, litigation or other issues affecting biopharma.
- Congressional hearings and legislation
- Company leadership and R&D strategy
- Develop a data-led infographic
- Cover a meeting to report news, conduct interviews and build relationships
- Provide your expert perspective for colleagues’ reporting
Skills and attributes, we seek:
- We are first and foremost looking for an accomplished business journalist who is comfortable regularly meeting senior external contacts and writing engaging content to tight deadlines.
- Several years’ experience reporting on the US FDA and development of drug and biotech products, or other related experience in covering policy agencies that impact the pharmaceutical market. Experience in reimbursement policy/pricing issues and drug manufacturing/quality assurance are a plus.
- Ability to extract key messages from complex information and communicate these effectively and succinctly (through articles, infographics, podcasts, and other formats). Ability to look beyond basic news facts to develop a pragmatic take on complex information that informs a business audience.
- Adept in interviewing government officials, industry executives, and medical practice thought leaders and in developing a network of key sources.
- Ability to cover local events in person and travel to conferences
- High attention to detail, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and consistently deliver articles requiring minimal editing
- Desire to experiment with new formats and approaches including data visualization or multimedia reporting.
- Interest in thought leadership, making our expertise more visible beyond articles by participating in conference panels, podcasts, webinars, etc.
- Collaborative approach to working with colleagues across the business
- Degree in journalism, sciences or equivalent career experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, content management systems and infographic tools
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
About Informa Intelligence
Informa Intelligence provides digital intelligence and data-based products, consultancy and research services that help businesses in specialist markets make better informed decisions, spot opportunities and gain competitive edge. We work in five markets, with over one hundred brands and many expert teams delivering predictive and action-based insight and intelligence
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritises promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO, 10 days sick leave, plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Commuters benefit
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working schedule – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Informa Intelligence