- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Tewksbury, MA
Duration: 18+ Months
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct the planning and execution of multiple concurrent sustaining engineering projects involving hardware, software, optical, and other product components.
- Lead multi-functional teams comprised of Procurement, Quality, Product Management, Engineering, Software, Manufacturing, and others.
- Apply knowledge of verification and validation processes, as well as basic regulatory compliance for electrical components and product safety. Maintain a learning mentality regarding components, products and processes.
- Identify and proactively manage project risk. Develop project options and drive risk-based decision-making.
- Develop and drive comprehensive, accurate program timetables. Successfully manage transitional activities while phasing out obsolete components and bringing in new ones.
- Combine cost-based analysis with engineering expertise to find the best combinations of cost, product performance, and customer experience.
- Provide dynamic leadership to core teams and sub-teams. Delegate work optimally and efficiently to team members and support staff.
- Support the analysis of customer requirements relevant to new components.
- Support the Program Management departmental SharePoint site. Maintain concise, accurate reports of sustaining engineering activity and status.
- Contribute to the improvement of the company’s new and sustaining product development processes.
- Minimum 3+ years of technical project management experience. It's a plus if you've also worked with various formal product development methodologies.
- Experience in, or ability to learn of, structured stage-gate product development processes.
- Strong understanding of organizations that design, develop and produce technical products. An understanding of multi-functional relationships and dependencies, and the ability to leverage that knowledge to reduce risk and improve project delivery performance.
- Outstanding project management skills including team building, organizing, planning, time management, and risk management.
- Strong communications skills including verbal, written, and presentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Proven ability to listen for understanding, negotiate and mediate differences to reach consensus while maintaining a strong focus on technical and business objectives.
- Awareness of DFMEA & PFMEA processes.
- Microsoft Project experience or willingness to learn.
- BS degree in a technical or business subject area
- PMP certification or desire to attain
- Must be U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and pass background and drug testing
InfojiniWhy Work Here?
Awesome client to work with. Great and positive work environment.
ConstructionView all jobs at Infojini