- Expired: August 30, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary:TheIT Engineeris responsible for the application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications.Additional responsibility includes design implementation, maintenance of the design and integrity of the internal or client systems.This can include client site infrastructure, hosted and cloud environments.The Engineer also provides technical assistance to team members with system and network requests in addition to serving as a technical escalation point.
Depth and Scope
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, O365, SharePoint, Azure, Endpoint Management, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Serves as engineer escalation point for Technical Analysts.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans, conferring with management team.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Design, implementation and configuration of a multi-site Microsoft Active Directory.
- Design, setup, and implementation of a SAN utilizing FC, SAS, and ISCSI.
- Assess and dissect existing complex systems, allowing for new components to be integrated in concert with, or in lieu of the current environment.
- Translate business requirements into a technical design and able to deliver advanced technical drawings (Visio) as a key component of that design.
- Support the following technologies: storage networking, Operating System, network security, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration.
- Create, request, and present technical specifications and requirements for purchasing of new servers and networking equipment.
- Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Provides technical support of infrastructure in person, using remote tools or via phone concerning systems operations.
- Configures servers or systems adhering to defined standards as required.
- Ensures all managed devices are deployed in strict compliance with software copyright laws and escalates or resolves issues when conflicts are identified.
- Performs remedial tasks to correct infrastructure and system issues based on knowledge of systems.
- Ensures problem resolution information is updated in ticketing tool.
- Engages vendors for product support as required.
- Travels outside the support region to assist in the installation and configuration of equipment for special projects or for other work as requested.
- Responsible for hardware decommissioning and the documentation to ensure inventories are up to date.
- Responsible for Asset Management in area of responsibility and in accordance with processes/tools.
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Ensures all documentation is current and posted.
- Able to work flexible hours including late nights and weekends.
- Valid Driver's License and vehicle for travel.
- Travel required, may be driving to different client locations for onsite work.
- 7x24 on-call rotation.
Experience and Education:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years of related IT experience required.
- Microsoft Azure Administrator experience preferred.
- Microsoft 365 administration experience preferred.
- MCSA or MCSE Windows Server 2016 or higher preferred.
- VMware and Hyper-V experience required.
- Knowledge of switch/router installation and configuration (Cisco, Meraki, SonicWALL, HP).
- Experience working for a Managed Service Provider preferred.
- Experience using ConnectWise is a plus.
- Advancedskills managingcommon PC applications and hardware configurations.
- Advancedskills managingof client server-based architecture (Windows, thin client, Virtual, Cloud).
- Advancedskills managingMicrosoft Windows operating systems and the ability to load software and configure as requested within Company guidelines.
- Solid customer service skills, including patience and concern for client issues and problems and the ability to translate technical material and information to non-technical users.
- Ability to balance competing priorities with good time management and organizational skills.
- Team participation skills: information sharing of technical skills that contribute to the ongoing development of knowledge in the group.
- Supports others to meet business objectives.
- Good Interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to determine stressed client relationship and escalate accordingly to mitigate client relationship risk.
If you have the following Core Values: Integrity, Innovation, Compassionate, Tireless, Passionate and Fun, come join us.
Operating in Bergen County, NJ, since 1999, Infoaxis offers IT managed services, cloud transformation and cybersecurity services. We assist large and small healthcare, financial services, cannabis, law, manufacturing, accounting, and construction firms in developing forward-thinking IT strategies and managing their technology assets more effectively. Our cybersecurity team provides critical protection and monitoring to reduce cyber risks, giving clients peace of mind.
When you get to know us, you'll discover we aren't your typical managed IT nerds. We've built and continue to build Infoaxis around the core concepts of Integrity, Innovation, Compassion, Tirelessness, Passion, and Fun. We are a privately held company with a long track record of success, including past recognition on Inc. Magazine's list of the fastest growing US companies. Our success is built on understanding our clients and then helping them apply technology solutions to achieve their goals.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
300 B Route 17 SouthMahwah, NJ
Get fresh Applications Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.