The Executive Assistant - Sales will be joining and supporting the initiatives of a growing sales force and team comprised of sales, account management, and marketing. This is a very demanding role where professionalism and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization are essential. We are looking for a candidate with great organizational skills, a willingness to consistently go above and beyond, and the ability to present in a positive and professional manner in front of clients, prospects, and vendor partners.
The Executive Assistant - Sales will be a key player in the sales team’s success and ensuring smooth business operations. Not only will this role be a “point person” for our Sales team, but the perfect candidate will also be constantly looking for new opportunities to create more efficient processes and procedures. This role needs to assist our Senior Director of Sales by thinking proactively and anticipating the needs and results needed from the department.
- Act as a point of contact for the sales department and provide information and resources as requested
- Help in managing and distributing incoming emails and calls for the Sales department (leads and referrals)
- Frequent business customer communication (B2B support)
- Help customers resolve sales-related issues in a timely manner, generally providing real-time support and escalating issues as necessary to supervisors or other departments.
- Assist with setting up new leads, contacts, and projects and updating existing projects
- Assist with organizing client proposals and tracking opportunities
- Assist with sending contracts and agreements
- Build, maintain, and update templates for contracts and forms
- Build, maintain and update dashboards using Salesforce
- Build and deliver reports to management and various sales departments, based on expressed needs using Salesforce
- Actively assist in coordination of Sales Team schedules and events, which includes logistical planning based on the needs of Senior Director of Sales. This includes assisting and planning sales meetings, coordinating events, scheduling meetings and providing support at tradeshows.
- Various other administrative assistant duties and sales admin support functions as needed
- College degree preferred
- 2-5 years of administrative experience (experience supporting a Sales team is a big plus)
- Ability to communicate effectively via email and in person with all levels of an organization
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve
- Demonstrated organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with team members on varying levels of the organization
- Previous experience handling proposals and contracts
- Must be Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com
- Proofreading skills with strong attention to detail
- Good common sense, interpersonal skills, accuracy and initiative
- Experience in customer/client relations and building strong, effective working relationships
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements
- Ability to work under general direction, on multiple tasks with demanding timelines
- Physical Requirements - General Office Demands