InfoStructures, Inc. Rockville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
InfoStructures, Inc. is a network-consulting firm located in Rockville, MD. Since 1988, we have been employing leading-edge technologies and techniques to improve the working lives of others. We are seeking energetic, highly motivated, qualified systems engineers with the right attitude toward customer service. We place great value in the work our engineers do and in the difference their efforts make in people’s lives.
What makes us different from other networking companies? It is simple: the quality of our staff, services, and attention to detail.
What experience you need:
Three years plus (3+) providing Microsoft systems administration support, preferably in a consulting environment.
Five years plus (5+) providing Microsoft helpdesk support, preferably in a consulting environment.
You should have:
- Superior problem-resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment support multiple customers at once
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to deal with people at various levels, from technician to executive
- Qualities such as self-starter and highly motivated
- Strong track record in leading a technical team and in building client relationships
- Ability to weigh options and provide the most efficient and cost-effective solution from a number of options.
Strong working knowledge of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting products in as many of the following areas as possible:
- Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 Server with a high-level understanding of Active Directory design, implementation, maintenance, patching, uptime, and general administration duties
- Detailed knowledge of drive mapping
- Printer management
- Patch management using industry tools including, but not limited, to Microsoft SCCM and WSUS, Ivanti, Ninite, and ManageEngine
- 3rd party scripting tools (Desktop Authority, ManageEngine)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016/2019 and Office365 email configurations
- Microsoft Exchange archiving using Microsoft and Symantec Enterprise Vault
- Office365 Email, SharePoint, Azure setup and management
- Backup software and products including Symantec Backup Exec and Veeam
- Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 Terminal Services/RDP
- VMware server virtualization platform
- PC configuration, management, imaging and patch distribution tools (e.g., Ghost, WSUS, ScriptLogic, SCCM)
- Drive and file share encryption using Microsoft BitLocker and Symantec PGP
What education/training/certification you need:
Bachelor’s degree DESIRED
You should have:
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Experience providing consulting to clients, with the right balance of initiative and following instructions
- References that demonstrate these characteristics
What you will do
You will provide on-site and remote network integration and support services to our commercial clients in and around the Metropolitan DC area.
You will also:
- Plan, implement and provide advice on Windows server and Exchange configurations and migrations
- Evaluate complex network requirements and resolve Exchange and Active Directory related issues; suggest improvements to client networks
- Manage projects various migrations, new installations, etc.
- Develop technical reports and documentation
- Daily reports to include details on the status/issues for system and network
- Responsible for managing and insuring successful windows and 3rd party patching
- Complete other duties as assigned
Where you will do it
You will work primarily at InfoStructures’ HQ in Rockville, MD with some travel to client sites in and around the Washington, DC area (local travel is required).
InfoStructures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at InfoStructures, Inc.