Military & Veteran Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What is a Military & Veteran Specialist?
A Military & Veteran Specialist serves as a single access point for veterans, active-duty military personnel, and their families in need of services to improve their health and well-being. A Military & Veteran Specialist provides care navigation to address the whole person's health and social needs and works to connect, empower, educate, and advocate for veterans, and active-duty military clients with health needs, specifically those experiencing barriers accessing care. A Military & Veteran Specialist provides one-on-one support in navigating the service system through information and referrals, proactive check-in, follow-up assistance, and program enrollment.
Schedule: M-F, Shifts between 7 am - 7 pm
Sign-on Bonus Eligible!
211 San Diego delivers a WOW customer experience.
- Uses active listening, empathy, and conversational intent in all interactions to provide high-quality, confidential connections to resources and services for all 211 clients.
- Performs in-depth screenings and assessments, collects client information and sends information via direct referral (if applicable) to most appropriate community service.
- Strives to provide first-contact resolution by ensuring that each customer’s needs are addressed to the best of 211’s ability during their first contact with 211.
- Collaborates with the team, direct supervisor, and clinical supervisor to assist with treatment planning, problem-solving, and advocacy for clients with complex housing needs who lack resources.
- Ensures successful service delivery by continuously monitoring and improving personal productivity and efficiency, call monitoring scores, and client satisfaction scores.
- Accurately documents all client interactions in 211 and partner systems and explores creative and culturally competent ways to gather necessary information from clients.
- Collaborates with and serves as a resource to community organizations and 211 staff to share best practices and other information.
Customer service quality metrics are being exceeded.
- Divides time between answering calls for the veteran/military line and the 211 general line as directed, based upon both departments' call volume and staffing level.
- Ensures successful service delivery by continuously monitoring and improving personal productivity, quality scores, customer satisfaction survey scores, and efficiency.
- Provides information and referral service that is accurate and follows organizational standards.
- Performs preliminary screening and application assistance for public and community services.
- Seeks coaching and feedback opportunities to identify how own results can be improved.
211 customer data is accurate and complete and can be used to provide community data for system-wide change.
- Accurately documents all customer interactions in 211’s systems and explores creative ways for gathering necessary information from customers while ensuring a WOW customer experience.
- Consistently documents unmet needs to assist in the identification of gaps in services that can be addressed
through 211 data reporting.
All things we do are in line with our company values.
- Engages with and contributes to the positive culture of 211 San Diego following our core values.
- Seeks continuous learning opportunities to promote growth, and professional and personal development.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
What You Bring
- Must be a veteran or active-duty military personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Associate degree or higher required; a combination of continued education beyond high school and equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Experience in the fields of public health, social work, human development, psychology, sociology/criminology or social sciences is highly desirable.
- High level of proficiency in web-based systems, real-time communication systems (i.e.: chat), MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; skills test may be required.
- 1-2 years of call center experience is highly desirable.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is highly desirable.
What You Get!
- 100% paid medical, dental, vision, and basic life for employee
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, to start
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Matching 403b, with up to 4% employer matching
- Growth opportunities
- Employee Rewards
- Awesome and supportive culture!