InfluxData San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
InfluxDB is the world's leading time series database offered both on-premises and as a multi-cloud service, deployed and managed by InfluxData, and running in all three clouds (AWS, GCP and Azure). The Data Acquisition team at Influx Data is responsible for developing and maintaining the popular Telegraf product, as well as developing further innovation to help users get their data into the cloud, achieving even faster "time to awesome".
Why Influx Needs You
We are an active team working on a popular open source product (Telegraf) with a vibrant community. We want to bring in an individual who cares deeply about the developer community, is an advocate and evangelist of Telegraf, and finds joy in supporting our community through teaching, speaking, and daily interactions with community members.
InfluxData is a company by and for developers. The developer advocate on the Data Acquisition team will be a community leader who directly impacts our entire user community.
What You'll Do
- Become a Telegraf authority, with expertise on the implementation of the telegraf agent across various environments, as well as the classes of plugins.
- Lead in the support and education of our user community, who are active developers in our open-source code base, to help them improve their understanding of our product suite as well as the overall quality of open-source contributions
- Build and deliver technical training workshops using Go, InfluxDB, and the plugins available in the telegraf ecosystem.
- Contribute code updates, patches, and bug fixes to Telegraf project
- Write sample applications, prototypes, and code samples to showcase the power and flexibility of Telegraf agent and plugin ecosystem.
- Support and reduce onboarding friction with our user community through code sample creation, debugging, direct partner engagement, and long-tail support channels (forums, office hours, blog posts, etc.).
- Speak on behalf of InfluxData and Telegraf open technologies at conferences, meetups, and other technical events.
Who You Are
- You are both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
- You have a background (4+ years) in supporting developer / platform communities, open source projects, or user groups.
- You have software development experience in at least one of the following areas: building mobile and/or cloud applications, IoT, or Linux or Windows server technologies; Preferably, 2+ years of Go (Golang) experience.
- You have experience building and delivering technical training and/or developer certification programs, both in person and online.
- You are an active contributor to open source projects, or externally available community projects.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData's workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to your FSA
- Flexible Time Off - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, short and long term disability insurance
- Wellness programs
- ....and more perks!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.