The CDI Specialist will identify potential gaps in clinical documentation for inpatient and payer populations as directed throughout the hospitalization. He/she will also educate physicians and key healthcare providers regarding clinical documentation improvement and the need for accurate and complete documentation in the health record.
Degree / Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Valid Oklahoma RN Registered Nurse licensure required, or comparable clinical degree
- Must have current BLS card.
- Must meet qualifications for specific unit worked.
Special Skills & Qualifications:
- Must possess at least five years of acute hospital nursing experience (e.g. medical/surgical unit, intensive care).
- Experience in Utilization Management/Case Management, Critical Care, patient outcomes/quality management and/or inpatient coding considered a plus.
- ICU/Critical Care experience strongly desired.
- Prior experience in clinical documentation improvement, ICD coding and MS-DRGs preferred.
- Prior experience educating physicians/providers preferred.
- Previous experience working in a clinical documentation improvement department or as a consultant strongly encouraged.
- Minimum of one-year auditing experience strongly encouraged.
- This individual must possess a comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes and clinical competency.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong working knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software and reporting software.
- English is required for both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively at a high level is required.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to integrate knowledge is necessary. Prioritization and organizational skills required.
- Must exhibit the ability to educate members of the healthcare team about clinical documentation.
- Individual must demonstrate data quality and integrity skills.
- Also, experience working with encoder software, clinical documentation improvement software and the electronic medical record is preferred
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance/AD&D,
Supplemental Group Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Extended Illness
Bank (EIB), Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance Program, and company discounts.