We have an amazing client in Elko, NV that is looking for an experienced Medical Technologist (MT) to join its team. This is a busy laboratory with 8 medical technologists and 10 phlebotomists. This facility has 75 beds. They are looking for someone to be more than just an employee, but also part of their family. The community you would serve has approximately 35,000 and are located near the beautiful Ruby Mountains.
SCHEDULE: Predominately nights, working 12 hour shifts.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Work independently and perform standard routine, complex, automated and manual lab techniques without direct supervision
- Insure proper functioning of lab equipment by performing preventative and corrective maintenance, and troubleshooting basic instrument malfunctions
- Calibrate and assess the accuracy of lab equipment
- Perform, evaluate, and record quality control measures and institutes corrective action as appropriate
- Assist in maintaining inventory and supplies
- Perform phlebotomy using age specific techniques
- Collect, prepare and determine acceptability of specimens
- Prioritize assignment of test results and coordinate general work flow
- Recognize normal, abnormal or unexpected results, errors and problems with patient test results
- Evaluate, interpret and report test results
- Observe principles of data security/patient confidentiality
- Assist in training of new assistants and technologists
- Supervise Laboratory Assistants
- Assist in evaluation of new methods and equipment
- Interact with other healthcare workers to solve problems and interpret patient lab results
- Attend and participate in department meetings.
REQUIREMENTS | QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to work independently and with some supervision. You will be expected to work unsupervised at least a half-shift daily, unless assigned to a day shift.
- Must meet requirements for certification as a Nevada General Laboratory Supervisor (GS License) and have started the application process prior to hire (must have in order to work independently in the lab)
- Successful completion of National Registry Exam for Medical Technologist such as ASCP.
- BLS required upon hire
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a laboratory as a full-time Clinical Laboratory Technologist, working at least 30 hours per week, of which at least 2 years have been spent working:
- In a licensed laboratory of a hospital, university or health department; and
- Under the supervision of a director who possesses a doctoral degree
- Bachelors Degree from an approved Medical Technologist program (Non-traditional route may be accepted by State after review of education and experience)
- At least 3 years experience as a Med Tech required
- Must be a Generalist with experience in the blood bank
- Equipment is primarily Siemens
- Dimension EXLs and Centaur in Chemistry, Sysmex in hematology and coagulation, Clinitek Advantus in urinalysis
- Blood bank is Ortho gel workstations
- They do crossmatches but not antibody identifications (those are sent to American Red Cross)