Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Assist operations of two facilities with ensuring that the facilities comply with all applicable environmental regulations, mitigates potential liabilities and helps avoid penalties, sanctions or other legal punishment. The regulatory scope includes, but is not limited to: local, state, and federal Environmental Health & Safety rules/regulations.
· Lead in the development, implementation, and review of policies, standards and procedures to comply with applicable permits and regulations.
· Enforce standards to ensure the plants achieve and maintain compliance.
· Maintain proactive lines of communication with all relevant decision makers and stakeholders to keep all parties informed of regulatory changes.
· Provide regulatory oversight, leadership, and direction to personnel regarding the day-to-day compliance with permits and regulations.
· Assist with developing budgets and managing expenses related to regulatory compliance.
· Analyze the various options for complying with new regulations and changes to regulations and permits.
· Interpret laws, regulations, and permit requirements, and assist the facilities with staying abreast of the changing regulatory landscape to help the Owner anticipate and shape potential new requirements.
· Coordinate periodic plant audits to ensure that the applicable regulatory requirements are being implemented.
· Provide professional interface with regulators and officials, including preparing for and coordinating inspections, responding to information requests, developing strategies, permit modifications and renewals, and reviewing routine compliance reports.
· Work closely with all departments and employees to contribute technical and regulatory expertise necessary for optimal operation and management of the facilities.
· Assess potential regulatory consequences of significant changes in project operations.
· Participate in incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation.
· Provide coaching, assistance, and tools to all levels of the business to promote and drive a safe working environment for all employees.
· Manage duties of team-members involved in regulatory tasks.
· Prepare periodic reports as required. Support Owner’s goals of optimizing assets.
· Manage client contractors and/or vendors related to regulatory compliance.
· Administer all plant safety and environmental training.
· Schedule annual testing for employee (Audiograms, PFT, Etc.)
· Administer and/or schedule CPR training and maintain certifications for plant personnel.
· Manage all environmental, safety and compliance training for the facility personnel.
· Four-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent experience) and some specialization in the relevant fields, preferred.
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the Regulatory Field, preferably in the power industry, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Extensive experience in the use of software applications such as Excel, Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
· Ability to work independently and write technical reports, correspondence, and procedures.
· Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to organize effectively and facilitate process teams to implement facility improvements.
· Ability to handle quick changing situations under stress and to work extended hours on short notice when required.
· Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and an investigative mindset.
· Must demonstrate the ability to digest large, complex volumes of information and summarize for wide dissemination.
· Ability to travel.
· May perform repetitive and non-repetitive physical duties that may require lifting, pushing, pulling, stretching, bending, climbing, working in awkward positions, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Our vision is to maintain a strong foundation in an ever changing and evolving marketplace through solid relationships with our clients and candidates. Our number one priority and commitment is to provide a service which enables our clients to attract and retain the very best people available, and our candidates to fulfill their career potential.
We are committed to stand out among our competitors and be the one and only choice for staffing solutions. We approach all client projects to the highest ethical and professional level
Infinity StaffingWhy Work Here?
We like to keep good workers employed.
Infinity Staffing is a family owned organization whose mission is to provide "Service with a Smile". Our vision is to maintain a strong foundation in an ever changing and evolving marketplace through solid relationships with our clients and candidates. Our number one priority and commitment is to provide a service which enables our clients to attract and retain the very best people available, and our candidates to fulfill their career potential. We are committed to stand out among our competitors and be the one and only choice for staffing solutions. We approach all client projects to the highest ethical and professional level
2160 E. Pacheco Blvd. Suite JChowchilla, CA
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Infinity Staffing