Director of Med/Surg, Telemetry - RN Registered Nurse
Provides leadership for planning, management, implementation, integration and coordination of the Medical/Surgical patient units in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. Supports the delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of the daily activities, the operational efficiency and effectiveness for medical surgical units.
- Effectively interviews ·and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives.
- Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Provides direction and reviews performance of the department staff. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of department goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, JCAHO, and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success in any regulatory survey.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces as may be established by management to plan, organize and drive the facility.
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required Master’s Degree in Nursing preferredLICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Current State of Oklahoma license for Registered Nurse or appropriate compact licensure. BLS within 90 days of hire required ACLS within 90 days of hire requiredEXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: 3-5 years’ experience in acute care nursing. 1-5 years management experience preferred
Benefits: Our Employees receive: Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance/AD&D,Supplemental Group Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Extended IllnessBank (EIB), Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance Program, and company discounts.