We have an established client in Dodge City, KS who is looking to add a full-time Director of Med/Surg/Peds to its team.
The Director of Med/Surg/Peds will be responsible for providing leadership to all nursing staff assigned to the unit, including House Supervisor staff. You will oversee staffing, budgeting, patient, employee and physician satisfaction and will monitor volume and provide education/coaching to staff in regards to hospital policies, procedures and training of new processes and equipment.
This is a Department of Nursing Service position that provides the delivery of patient care with the knowledge of a Registered Nurse. In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate the clinical ability to work as a Primary RN on the unit to which assigned
- Able to coordinate the delivery of patient care on the unit and complete required documentation
- Participate in patient/family teaching and discharge planning, effectively utilizing the Nursing Process
- Provide leadership by working cooperatively and effectively with physicians, ancillary staff and other administrative and support personnel in maintaining the standards of professional nursing practice in the multidisciplinary clinical setting
- Provide the basic leadership required of an RN for subordinate staff on the unit
- Maintain quality delivery of patient care by completing patient assignments in compliance with the Nursing Process, the Kansas Nurse Practice Act, JCAHO and State regulations and established Hospital Policies and Procedures
- Strive daily to give all customers excellent care
- Report incidents, patient and/or employee issues, work related accidents, and any other unusual events to the Director or Sr. Leader.
REQUIREMENTS | QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous Med/Surg/Peds leadership experience preferred
- KS RN Licensure
- BLS (at time of hire)
- PALS (within 1 year of hire)
- Must have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Effective human relations skills are required for interfacing with team members, all levels of staff, physicians, patients, families and other contacts
- Must possess the ability to effectively function in a stressful environment
- Must possess the ability to use the following equipment: telephone, overhead paging system, fax machine, calculator, computer.