Systems Engineer / The Maestro
- Posted: over a month ago
Who You Are:
As a systems engineer at Infinity Labs, you will stratify engineering disciplines, project teams, and crews in the pursuit of analyzing organizational systems to find more efficient ways of doing things. If you obsess over optimization problems and find one-handed puzzle-cube solving while blind-folded fun, this is the job for you.
To succeed, you must be driven to solve complex problems with varying degrees and quantities of information. If corner pieces are not available, you’ll have to start putting the puzzle together without them. Directing other skilled engineers won’t be easy but that’s why you have the baton. You enjoy the challenge. You’ll need to manage your time and be proactive. We won’t be looking over your shoulder or micromanaging your day but there will be expectations, deadlines, and deliverables.
The bottom line: curiosity, creativity, and a never-ceasing search for efficiency are key attributes for anyone hoping to join our high performing teams. It doesn’t matter to us if you’ve performed across 20 cross-functional teams or completed 200 organizational projects, if the above appeals to you keep reading to find out more about the work you’ll be doing at Infinity Labs.
What You Will Do:
To be the collaborative R&D Systems Engineer we need, you’ll be expected to broadly impact projects across Infinity Labs utilizing your skills and subject matter expertise in leading scientific and engineering projects. You’ll need to be able to communicate with other stakeholders, employ critical thinking, and utilize problem-solving skills and a genuine interest and aptitude for continuous learning.
Within this position, you will be provided the opportunity to foster a rigorous systems engineering and product life cycle management across Infinity Labs by developing and utilizing your expertise in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE). You will partner with technical program teams to identify, recommend, improve, and implement systems engineering processes/tools.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Develop performance requirements for complex systems and systems of systems
- Develop system-level functional and physical architectures, including interface definitions
- Develop design of experiments (DOE), analysis strategies, approaches, and plans to verify subsystem and system performance against requirements
- Perform detailed analysis of modeling and simulation results
- Present design and analysis results to customers both internally and externally
Desired “nice-to haves”
- Experience with SysML tool suites such as CAMEO, SparxEA, or similar
- Experience with the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration and Modeling (AFSIM) tool suite
- Familiarity or experience with robotics, satellite structures, controls, subcomponents and payloads
- Proven track record of interacting well with management and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to prepare clearly written reports and technical work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse teams and across differing communication styles
- A strong commitment to quality, safety, collaboration, and teamwork
- An active DOD Top Secret security clearance with SCI access eligibility
Required “must haves”
- A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a relevant STEM field, plus 5 years related experience; or a Master's degree in above, plus 1 year related experience
- Expertise in Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and SysML
- Familiarity with System Engineering processes within the Department of Defense (DoD), including DoDAF and ongoing Digital Transformation initiatives
- Understanding of modeling, simulation & analysis (MS&A) tools and how MBSE + MS&A can inform digital engineering and analysis
- Familiarity with sensors, datalinks, and directed energy weapons
- An active DoD security clearance
The Fine Print / Security Clearance Requirements:
- Preferred – TS/SCI
- Nice to Have – Secret
- Acceptable – Uncleared but eligible for a clearance
Infinity Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Infinity Labs LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Infinity Labs LLC