Manages company's accounting and finance activities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, evaluates and implements accounting systems, insurance, risk management, internal controls and related financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible for treasury and financing activities including but not limited to capital and debt raises, banking relationships, relationships with stockholders and lenders.
- Ensures compliance with banking and debt covenants.
- Ensures all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, budgets, variance analysis, KPI's and statistical reports.
- Coordinates with the outside accounting firm for audited or reviewed financial reports and preparation of required tax returns.
- Directs budget preparation, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification for proposed budgets.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress.
- Assists with company strategic planning including finance initiatives and operational practices
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Supervises employees within the accounting department
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA certificate
- Quantum ERP software experience preferred
- Ten plus years e
- Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret economic conditions and anticipate the impact on the organization.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.