The On-Site Support Services Consultant assists a specific client and its respective end users, at the client's designated location(s), on a variety of issues. This role identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. It also responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Additionally, the role is responsible for documenting, tracking and monitoring client interactions to ensure a timely resolution. May also be called on to travel to other client locations and provide field replaceable unit support.
MAIN TASKS & DUTIES:
· Troubleshoot and resolve client generated events (CGE).
· Document effort and steps taken to resolve client issues.
· Interact with end users and perform basic end-user training.
· Guide troubleshooting efforts face-to-face and over the telephone.
· Handle escalations with vendors and other third parties.
· Understand & uphold all internal and client security and operational policies.
· Associates Degree or equivalent relevant work experience (2+ years remote IT support in a service desk environment).
· 3-5 years of professional services consulting required.
· Maintain Level 2 skillset and knowledge in the following core technologies:
- Server Administration
- AD, Group Policy, Small Business Server administrative skills
- Strong Desktop Management skills and knowledge of desktop management tools especially Windows Server Update Services and Windows Deployment Services
- Infrastructure Administration
- Basic Administration of common firewalls and switches (Cisco ASA, Dell / SonicWall, Sophos UTM, WatchGuard)
- Data Storage Administration
- Experience with management of Local Storage, knowledge of RAID types for common server platforms (e.g. Dell, Client, Lenovo, etc.…)
- Administration of common Backup, Disaster Recovery and Replication Technologies
- Network and Business Application Administration including:
- Active Directory
- Citrix / Terminal
- Cloud Services a plus:
- IAAS – Azure, AWS, etc.…
- PAAS - O365, SharePoint Online, Corporate OneDrive
- Private/Public Cloud Hybrid Solutions
· Microsoft Windows 10
· Microsoft O365, Windows Server
· Document Management Software (iManage, NetDocs, Worldox)
· OpsWare, VNC, SSH, Visio
· Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
· One or more of the following certifications:
o CompTIA A+ Technician
o CompTIA Network + or Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
o Cisco Certified Network Associate
· Must have valid driver's license and personal mode of transportation.