IGI is continuing to add to our growing team within the company’s cybersecurity division. Projections for the 2019 cybersecurity market exceed $150 billion, creating tremendous opportunity for the company’s continued growth. We are looking for a seasoned professional who understands the ever-changing cybersecurity field and can help IGI capture a significant, incremental piece of this fast-growing market.
The Product Manager (PM) would be instrumental in developing new security solutions and continued enhancement of the Nodeware™ platform. The PM is responsible for clearly articulating and adjusting market positioning, specifying and prioritizing target audience segmentation, conducting and socializing competitive analysis, and identifying key differentiators.
Working as a liaison between sales, marketing, product development, management, and support, the PM will identify the strengths and weaknesses of our offerings in order to better align market focus with roadmap development opportunities. This includes managing throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with development to deliver winning products. You will establish pricing models, profitability targets, product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with your design and engineering teammates.
IT and cybersecurity understanding are a must in order to effectively translate technical features and capabilities into compelling product and marketing strategies. In addition, the PM must collaborate with IGI’s product engineering/development leaders to identify market gaps and opportunities. The PM is central to the feedback loop for continued product innovation.
An effective PM is a strategist who can translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable plans.
- Determines customers' needs and desires through market research
- Recommends improvement & creation of product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products
- Analyzes various market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue
- Brings new products to market by analyzing product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; and establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing
- Acts as the “messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization.
- Develop a three-year roadmap and appropriate business cases for our products to illustrate our vision and plan for the future
- Manages the entire product line lifecycle, from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features, products, and ideas
- Has the ability to effectively engage with sales and customer support teams
- Helps to develop IGI’s IP strategy
- 5+ years of product management experience, with additional background in marketing, development, and/or sales
- Tech savvy and passionate about building products
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project, or Basecamp
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack, JIRA, Aha and HubSpot
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information
- Experience with best-practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity technology
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
Competencies for Success:
- Product Management & Development
- People Management
- Understanding the Customer
- Requirements Analysis
- Planning & Competitive Analysis
- Financial Planning and Strategy
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume with accompanying cover letter.
Director of Human Resources
175 Sully’s Trail, Suite 202
Pittsford, NY 14534
585-385-0610 x 211